Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    what is your overall service area?

Temp rise

That is a brilliant question; in fact it is one that has already been answered in this thread if you only take the time to read it.
    Quite frankly I don't understand why you would ask, I'm not twisting any arms here, either you are interested or you arent.
    If interested please respond, if not keep your negative comments to yourself unless you are sure of what you are saying.
    I am able to except when I am wrong, but since I live in this area and started this business in 1990 I think I am aware of what the average pay here is.
    I have some very good Techs. now, one of which left a company with a government contract to maintain the HVAC systems on a local military base with all of there Gov. benefits.
    But maybe you are one to something so I will save you the time it takes to go back and read the posts. We are a flat rate company and our book is based on an hourly rate of $120.00hr.
    Now, what insight can you offer? Anything constructive?
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

sorry W.J.

I didn't get to your question,
    We service the peninsula from Williamsburg to Hampton and Gloucester from the point to the court house.
    I'm curious who you are working for now if you don't mind sharing that.
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

I'll drop you an email later

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    We are a small company with 6 trucks and an excellent reputation; we would like to change the 6 truck part while leaving the excellent reputation in tack.
    We are currently seeking those technicians and install mechanics that consider themselves the best at what they do.
    We offer the best pay in our area where the cost of living is significantly lower then the national average making your hourly wage worth even more.
    Our installer position pay scale is $18.00-$20.00 and our service scale is $20.00-$25.00
    Our benefit package includes:
    Paid vacation
    Paid sick leave
    Paid medical
    Paid dental
    Pre-paid legal service
    Simple retirement plan
    Paid uniforms
    Take home vehicle (service dept. only)
    Paid cell phone
    Paid Nextel radio
    Christmas bonus
    Spiff program
    We even have a company jet ski for our employees to use during there off time.
    We care about our employees, and want employees that demonstrate they care about there job.
    Our installers are required to be able to complete an installation from start to finish, we do not send someone else out to do any part of the installation.
    Our service Techs. need to be knowledgeable in all heating and cooling residential equipment as we have a very neutral climate with many different types of climate control to include oil furnaces, elect. forced air, heat pumps both standard and geo-thermal.
    for more information post replies here or call us directly at (757) 875-1200
    or email to pioneer@ cox dot net
    Sounds like your about in line with our scale here in Fort Worth,Tx , you have good benefits package, the only thing I didn't see was tool reembursment. Don't let your idea of quality technician, and the scale you are willing to pay be criticed by a bunch of employees'.. Hope you find a good man to fill you vacancy.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

I have nothing constructive to add.......I just get a chuckle every I read the header.

Reminds me of Men In Black - The best of the best, of the best, sir!
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

That all sounds great to me, I sort of wish this guy was my boss, except for the part about not working on chillers. Those are my favorite, i hate heat pumps and condenser units.

If I read correctly, your wages run from $18 to $25 an hour, and using my similar benefits as a guide, I would estimate the cost of those to be an additional $16 an hour (my benefit cost), although I do not have sick or vacation time (or access to a jet ski).

That puts the wage package at $34 to $41 an hour.

Your retail rate, in a "low cost area", is $120 an hour... 3.5 to 2.9 times the wages paid.

Methinks a little more may be needed to attract the "best", especially looking for someone well rounded in all aspects of service and installation.

Things like paid Nextel, paid cell phone, uniforms and truck priveleges are not really *benefits* to the employees, those are things you need to do in order to run a successful and professional company.
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    I have nothing constructive to add.......I just get a chuckle every I read the header.

Reminds me of Men In Black - The best of the best, of the best, sir!

.....with honors.

cant forget that.....lol

How much is housing and what do you get?

Quote Originally Posted by simsd View Post
    How much is housing and what do you get?
    According to USA Today on 5-15-07 the median home prices for the area are as follows;

Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC Q1 2006 $221,100 Q1 2007 $234,200 Change 5.9&#37;

http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...rices-q1_N.htm
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (Its taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

Quote Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post
    According to USA Today on 5-15-07 the median home prices for the area are as follows;

Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC Q1 2006 $221,100 Q1 2007 $234,200 Change 5.9&#37;

http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...rices-q1_N.htm
    I thought we were talking about tampa fl aera with house prices still to high
    although it's getting better. sorry wrong post
    Last edited by crackertech; 09-16-2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: wrong post
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Things like paid Nextel, paid cell phone, uniforms and truck priveleges are not really *benefits* to the employees, those are things you need to do in order to run a successful and professional company

My thoughts exactly. Explain how paid cell phones and uniform and company vehicle are a benefit...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast