Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 162
  1. #1

    I'm looking for only the best

    We are a small company with 6 trucks and an excellent reputation; we would like to change the 6 truck part while leaving the excellent reputation in tack.
    We are currently seeking those technicians and install mechanics that consider themselves the best at what they do.
    We offer the best pay in our area where the cost of living is significantly lower then the national average making your hourly wage worth even more.
    Our installer position pay scale is $18.00-$20.00 and our service scale is $20.00-$25.00
    Our benefit package includes:
    Paid vacation
    Paid sick leave
    Paid medical
    Paid dental
    Pre-paid legal service
    Simple retirement plan
    Paid uniforms
    Take home vehicle (service dept. only)
    Paid cell phone
    Paid Nextel radio
    Christmas bonus
    Spiff program
    We even have a company jet ski for our employees to use during there off time.
    We care about our employees, and want employees that demonstrate they care about there job.
    Our installers are required to be able to complete an installation from start to finish, we do not send someone else out to do any part of the installation.
    Our service Techs. need to be knowledgeable in all heating and cooling residential equipment as we have a very neutral climate with many different types of climate control to include oil furnaces, elect. forced air, heat pumps both standard and geo-thermal.
    for more information post replies here or call us directly at (757) 875-1200
    or email to pioneer@ cox dot net
    Last edited by Pioneer; 09-13-2007 at 07:17 AM. Reason: editing email address
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    381
    This is typical money and bennies. If you want the best then you are going to have to offer something unique or more money. IMO
    i CAN spell i just cant type

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,285
    You should have contact info like an email address and/or a contact button on your homepage. Then people can just send you the resumes and you can sort through them and choose the resumes that fit what your best looking for.

  4. #4

    Kritic

    As I stated in the ad we provide Top pay for our area where the cost of living is significantly lower then the national average.
    Many times people fail to take geographical factors into consideration when comparing job offer, (bad mistake) currently today regular gas is $2.55; my electric bill for a 4000 sq. ft. shop was slightly over $100.00 this month with 2 a/c systems running at 73 degrees.
    I have 5 other HVAC companies within a 2 block radius of my shop and the highest paid service tech. from the group is a senior tech. at $22.50.
    If you compare that to $30.00hr. salaries from NY. and consider that a small Manhattan apt. will cost you $2000 a month to rent, well you do the math.
    By the way our local union scale is running about 18-20hr right now.
    And for another cost comparison our hourly rate is based on 120hr which is somewhere in the middle for the 28 pages of HVAC companies in our local phone book.
    Like Paul Harvey says now you know the rest of the story.
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St.louis metro area
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by kritic View Post
    This is typical money and bennies. If you want the best then you are going to have to offer something unique or more money. IMO
    You must not have read it all the way through. He said they have a company jet ski that the employees can use on their off time. I would say that is unique.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    As I stated in the ad we provide Top pay for our area where the cost of living is significantly lower then the national average.
    Many times people fail to take geographical factors into consideration when comparing job offer, (bad mistake) currently today regular gas is $2.55; my electric bill for a 4000 sq. ft. shop was slightly over $100.00 this month with 2 a/c systems running at 73 degrees.
    I have 5 other HVAC companies within a 2 block radius of my shop and the highest paid service tech. from the group is a senior tech. at $22.50.
    If you compare that to $30.00hr. salaries from NY. and consider that a small Manhattan apt. will cost you $2000 a month to rent, well you do the math.
    By the way our local union scale is running about 18-20hr right now.
    And for another cost comparison our hourly rate is based on 120hr which is somewhere in the middle for the 28 pages of HVAC companies in our local phone book.
    Like Paul Harvey says now you know the rest of the story.
    Pioneer, I have worked in Va. Beach area, and Newport News. I would definately say that I was unaware of the wages there. They must have dropped a brick to pay me, and my wage is not that high in my area. I have also worked in Manhattan, and I wouldn't work for any where near $30/hr. That being said, I just want you to remember, you get what you pay for. And that is not going to get the best.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hangin out with you losers
    Posts
    1,043
    Dear sir please edit your email addy as follows
    pioneer at cox dot net
    or post it in your CP
    Spy bots slow our beloved forum down searching for posted emails
    Thanks
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,801
    I live too far away....... lol

    Lemme know when you wanna station a guy in williamsburg.
    ___________________________________________


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,285
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsacavsfan View Post
    Dear sir please edit your email addy as follows
    pioneer at cox dot net
    or post it in your CP
    Spy bots slow our beloved forum down searching for posted emails
    Thanks

    Sorry I may have prompted that. When I said there was no email addy I meant on the homepage.

  10. #10

    Sorry Scott, force of habit

    CKone,
    I’m sure when you were in this area you were probable doing commercial work which does pay more, but we do only residential and light commercial heating and air conditioning.
    We don't have the worries of refrigeration equipment, or chillers.
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,940
    In my younger days, I would have jumped at this job. I like small companies and was and still am ready to sacrifice a few bucks an hour not to deal with the politics that come from larger outfits.

    I think it sounds nice Pioneer, and hope you aquire some dependable workers from your offer.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  12. #12

    Thanks Cool

    I hope so to.
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Macomb MI.
    Posts
    86
    So tell me Pioneer do you take the cost of living into consideration when you do a service call or an install what is your hourly rate for a service call. I mean you seem to want to use the lower cost of living as a tool to a lower pay scale I only hope that you are also giving your customers a lower rate for service.

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event