Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Coleman
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Coleman
    Thank you for a useless response.

Quote Originally Posted by ppeters914 View Post
    Thank you for a useless response.

You're so very welcome, and nice talking too you as well.

Modulating furnaces are the best, but duct configuration is most important. We have installed many of these furnaces over the years, and so far we have only had to replace two control boards due to power surges. If it was my house I would do mod with modulating thermostat and dont forget the surge protection

ppeters

I have read this thread and am compelled to say something apparently you don't want to hear. These modulating furnaces along with two stg var speed furnaces are great equipment but they are not the best choice for your area/climate especially when you take into consideration your reasonable electric rates. The modulating furnaces are best suited for real cold weather climates with wide winter temperature range.

With a two stg var speed heat pump system, you get great heating plus air conditioning.

Something to think about and I hope you will consider.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    ppeters

I have read this thread and am compelled to say something apparently you don't want to hear. These modulating furnaces along with two stg var speed furnaces are great equipment but they are not the best choice for your area/climate especially when you take into consideration your reasonable electric rates. The modulating furnaces are best suited for real cold weather climates with wide winter temperature range.

With a two stg var speed heat pump system, you get great heating plus air conditioning.

Something to think about and I hope you will consider.

IMO
    You may have missed my other threads. You're the second person to recommend a two-stage + heat pump (or hybrid) system. However, none of the contractors I talked to suggested 'em until I asked, and none of them really pushed in that direction. I've also been unemployed since March, so I just don't have the extra thousand or two (or three?) to go that route.

The oil tank has been decommissioned, so I gotta have a furnace.

Well, I am what you may say fairly intimate with the Rheem mod. I also have one in my home. The furnace is not designed to be a fix for bad duct systems. That said, it calibrates itself to your duct system and can be adjusted beyond that for specific needs.

For example. 71 degrees is 71 degrees no matter what, but if you have a room as described such as a laundry room at the end of the duct 2 things come to mind. Do you want that room warm like the rest of the house? If so or say it's a bedroom. There is an adjustment for the aiflow at either or both ends of the scale. In this case, a 7.5 or 15 percent increase of airflow at 40% firing rate and a 0% change at high fire will still provide static so all your ducts are fed. You dont have to adjust it liniar.

I know more than a few people who had mod furnaces that bought new homes and had brand new 2 stage furnaces ripped out so they could have a mod installed in their new homes.

my 90k mod pulls all of 80 watts of power when running at the 40% firing rate which is the vast majority of the time. That would more than pay for the difference in 92% versus 94% AFUE.

BTW, I pulled a 2 year old 2 stage 90+ out to put the mod in.

In case anyone is wondering, I gave and went with the York because the package was cheaper. IMHO, not any significant differences between the Rheem and York contractors. Time will tell...

Please post back some photo of before and after. And back in the winter after a few cold weather.

We would love to hear the results on this.

Twilli isn't surprised, all that talk about how the mod was better than the York, etc.....in the end he became a typical consumer and choose the lower price. At least he was honest enough to say so.

Get your typing fingers ready boys another ones coming.

Should have went with Coleman

Coleman Spammer.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Coleman Spammer.

Twilli admits he used to be spammer.

Twilli loves Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    in the end he became a typical consumer and choose the lower price. At least he was honest enough to say so.
    ...because there wasn't anything else significant enough for me to make my decision on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast