Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you recommend????

I live in Central Ky. Temps from 95-30. Would a heat pump only be a good way to go or a gas furnace? Here is what I came up with.

Would this be the best system for my money and performance?

-Infinity Control

-Infinity 16 Heat Pump (or should I go with a 15 or 18?Whats the best for my $)

-Infinity Series Variable Speed Fan Coil

-Infinity Air Purifier (Have Asthma & Allergies, do these work well?)

Just want some professional opinions, this is a big investment. The installer is very reputable and measured the outside of my home. Any other questions I should ask him? My home is 2500 sq and he said I needed a 4 ton unit. I have a 3 tom now and it runs all the time. Would this system last a long time? Also is the extended warranty worth it? Sorry for all of the questions just want to be sure.

He needs to measure the inside of the home, room by room. And many other factors such as windows, insulation, etc..

Do you have time to get another estimate?

Quote Originally Posted by mothergoose45 View Post
    I live in Central Ky. Temps from 95-30. Would a heat pump only be a good way to go or a gas furnace? Here is what I came up with.

Would this be the best system for my money and performance?

-Infinity Control

-Infinity 16 Heat Pump (or should I go with a 15 or 18?Whats the best for my $)

-Infinity Series Variable Speed Fan Coil

-Infinity Air Purifier (Have Asthma & Allergies, do these work well?)

Just want some professional opinions, this is a big investment. The installer is very reputable and measured the outside of my home. Any other questions I should ask him? My home is 2500 sq and he said I needed a 4 ton unit. I have a 3 tom now and it runs all the time. Would this system last a long time? Also is the extended warranty worth it? Sorry for all of the questions just want to be sure.
    I would recommend that a Manual D duct be done to insure that the new Infinity 4 ton system will work with existing ductwork and design of system.
    In my {opinion} the 16.0 S.E.E.R. Infinity Heat Pump is the way to go, I work and start-up them on a daily basis and the amps on low speed is @3.8 and that is very low on 80* day.We have installed close to 55 complete systems Infinity's this year and only had 3 service calls on that many systems.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Quote Originally Posted by billva View Post
    He needs to measure the inside of the home, room by room. And many other factors such as windows, insulation, etc..

Do you have time to get another estimate?
    From who? Trane, Westingthouse, goodman? Which other brands should I consider? I thought carrier and trane, but any other reccomendations?

Where in central KY?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Danville

Coleman
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

GOOSE

I would get quote on Trane XL15i sgl stg HP and Trane XL16i two stg HP. I personally think Trane HPs are better than Carrier's. Where Trane falls down and Carrier shines is their Infinity controls. This can somewhat be overcome by using the Honeywell Vision Pro IAQ stat with the Trane HPs.

While the pros on this forum say the install is everything, I take a contrarian view. There are three parts to a successful system:

1.good equipment correctly sized
    2.good ductwork system
    3.good installation

I would want a new system with a SEER of 15 and HSPF of 9. Since you plan to use gas for other applications, you could consider nat gas backup furnace-an 80% AFUE 2 stg var speed model would be fine-a 90+ would be overkill.

IMO

So Trane heat pumps are better? But carrier controls are better? I will also be getting a Clean Effects or Carrier Infinity Air Purifier. I have Asthma and allergies. What will the carrier controls do that the Trane controls wont that will really be useful and arent really "Gimmicky"?

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Coleman
    Anything but Carrier.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

What reasons not to use Carrier? I just want a good system. Everyones opinions are confusing me. So Trane then?

Couldn't get the dealership....???

You guys are just jealous..... Carrier makes very nice equipment...... As does Trane , Lennox....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Everyone's going to have their own opinions on which brand to use. Like, you may have contractor A who sells Carrier/Bryant so he likes to recommend them, then you have contractor B who sells Goodman/Amana, so he recommends them, and lastly you have contractor C who sells Trane/American Standard and wouldn't put in anything else! Installation and correct sizing is key to having a good system. How many estimates have you gotten? In my opinion, have two or three reputable contractors come out and do sizing calculations and give you a quote. Whatever brand they try to sell you is probably fine, because they likely know there way around with it and have parts available. If you are still interested in brands, I like Carrier (also Bryant)/Trane/Lennox/Rheem (also Ruud) myself. If you want air purification, I don't think you can get that much better than a Trane CleanEffects air cleaner. With heat pump and air conditioners, remember that many of the components in them are similar or the same. Make sure you go with a R410a system. Just my .02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast