Online site to buy 16x30x1 fiberglass filters

I'm having trouble finding a place locally where I can purchase 16x30x1 disposable fiberglass AC filters from. I can purchase 14x30x1; 18x30x1, or 20x30x1 filters from Lowe's for example but they don't stock nor can they order 16x30x1 filters. The unit in my house now was installed new in 1999 to replace a much older unit which took 16x25x1 disposable fiberglass AC filters; 16X25X1 at the time was a very popular size.

The contractor who installed the new system in 1999 also installed a filter grill unit in the wall below the doorway to the closet where the AC unit is located claiming that I needed a larger return grill; something to do about the old return in the wall wasn't large enough for the new unit he was installing.

The filter grill unit takes 16X30X1 filters which is a size I'm having trouble finding locally so I thought I'd try purchasing off the web. There are so many companies on the web to choose; can anyone recommend a good one to consider purchasing filters from?

Stevoreno
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    09/06/07

go with a pleated from HD

True Blue (4 Pack) 16 In. x 30 In. x 1 In. Basic Pleated Air Filter

Model 216301.4

$15.99/Case

In another thread I started not too long ago I brought up the subject of trying to control dust in the house; I mentioned that the current air handler was a Rheem unit installed new in 1999; that the house in which I have lived in since I was 7 will soon be 45 years old; is on it's third AC system and the duct work in the attic is still original from when the house was built back in 1962.

Some pro members did suggest that I switch to the pleated AC filters and get away from the disposable fiberglass filters but other pro members said if I did switch to the pleated AC filters that my airhandler's airflow would be much more restricted making my 1999 Rheem air handler work much harder and unless I was going to replace my 1999 Rheem airhandler soon I should stay with the fiberglass disposable filters that I'm currently using now. Thanks for the post.

Stevoreno
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    09/08/07

Go here and read my reply. Never use any type of extended/pleat filter until a pro checks your system.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ghlight=filter

I'll check out your link but I did turn off my unit; took out my one and only filter which says it's made by a company by the name of Glasfloss Industries. I Google'd them and got to their website which looked like a site more for you pro guys to read; I didn't know what I was reading or looking at but I did send them an email asking if I could buy their filters in my area or if not in my area online. I'll have to wait and see if they reply to my email.

Stevoreno
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    09/08/07

Virtually any type of filter, any size... www.filterfolks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreno View Post
    I'll check out your link but I did turn off my unit; took out my one and only filter which says it's made by a company by the name of Glasfloss Industries. I Google'd them and got to their website which looked like a site more for you pro guys to read; I didn't know what I was reading or looking at but I did send them an email asking if I could buy their filters in my area or if not in my area online. I'll have to wait and see if they reply to my email.

Stevoreno
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    09/08/07
    Go to a local heating and air conditioning supply house...or call some in your area.

They SHOULD sell you filters and SHOULD be able to order you a couple of boxes.

I had trouble finding 18x25x1 filters and had a local HVAC company order me some. This may be something for you to look into as well.