Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

JCI Changed IP Address to the NAE

JCI Changed IP Address to the NAE so I can't see anymore of there screw ups. Is there anyway to get the new IP through the serial port or USB ports

IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Using hyperterminal you can B port dump. You will need to cyle power to NAE with hyper running. The baud rate settings are different depending on which NAE. 35, 45, 55.

Using hyperterminal you can B port dump. You will need to cyle power to NAE with hyper running. The baud rate settings are different depending on which NAE. 35, 45, 55.
    ...as described in X's link.

I bet they just HATE having an educated customer!!

Good work, Chet! Despite the grief you're going through, I'm glad you have the opportunity to relate your real-world customer experience - while us contractors have our own strong opinions, as argued to no end on these pages, you've made it as real as it gets. There's just no hiding bad work...

Quote Originally Posted by Chet1508 View Post
    JCI Changed IP Address to the NAE so I can't see anymore of there screw ups. Is there anyway to get the new IP through the serial port or USB ports
    That sure sounds like a real user friendly NAE. So it must not be on your network? Are you just going in with a crossover? If its on your network your IT Dept had to be involved on some level, they should have it.

but just do the dump and get it.
    Port B
    hyperterminal 57600, 8,N,1 then reset the f**ker.

freddy-b
    it was on our network But, JCI disconnected our network and locked the panel door,that was the first sign they had done something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet1508 View Post
    This is standard procedure when it is suspected that unauthorized tampering

is going on. If you do not want to Void your warranty You should stop

tinkering with what you do not comprehend.

Its only in your best interest to stop tinkering and to let the Professionals at

the JCI branch office handle it.

I would not put much merit into what these armchair PM's think about the

project requirements or their simple minded diagnostic ability.

why not ask?

My obvious question would be..if it is your system, why don't you ask JCI what it is instead of going in the back door? Ask them why they changed it and what the new on is. If I'd have changed it, there was probably a good reason (someone tinkering with it - like looking for back doors).

Ask the guy who works on it, who can also show you how to get the information. Is it your NAE, or is it JCI's?

poochz
    There is a way that seems good to man, but in the end leads to death.

If the job is still in progress and not complete, then you don't own it yet. Once the job is complete, then you can do what you want. This is a straight forward contractual issue. When you are ready to sign off, then make them show you that everything works correctly. Once they prove everything is correct then you can request the IP address.

Here's the deal. They can claim that until the job is complete, you don't have access rights. This goes for any manufacturer/contractor.

Damn...Have some more coolaid.

I suppose you don't bill anything until your ready to turn it over to the owner?

That attitude will make sure you don't have a customer but just a transaction.

Heres a novel idea.. Involve the owner through out the project. Allow them to see exactly how the system is coming together so they know what they are getting and don't feel like your pushing it down their throat. I find that I make more money through changes as well having an informed customer. Anybody can sell product, not everybody can service a customer and get repeat business.

I know all you JCI J-Asses are Puppets of big Blue. But, I have not made any system changes,all I have done is protect the best interest of our school we own. Let alone JCI branch is so over there promised finish date of May 31st because you jack holes don't man you job's properly. School is in session know and I need access to make set point adjustments and yes I do monitor there F-ups its my right@@.The reason they tried to keep the IP address from me is I am a very educated customer in controls and I have found alto of there F-ups like I already told you JCI Blue turds they have over used the flash memory to 236% and point count now Upton 9700 on a NAE55. the piece of **** panel keeps crashing because of it. And screw you blue bastards for being so callus and ignorant

Ignore that useless tird.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast