Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forget The Nae

Go with the FX40.........Less expensive........A HELL OF A LOT BETTER
    FX40 graphics are FANTASTIC
    The entire system is user friendly and easy to learn.

I agree with all the FX40 votes and reasonings.

It seams the winner is FX40 .... but we are still concern about the fact JCI always refer to Tridium for support and devellopment.
    That's because 99% of it is Tridium. You wouldn't want it any other way.

halrey & frebby

Do you have any experience with NAEs? Since it sounds like you are not a branch tech, it kind of proves the black eye theory. I am very excited with the technology that we are providing, and from what I am told, so are all the other control companies that are copying the NAEs. I DO NOT USE CRACK.

Nae

Quote Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
    halrey & frebby

Do you have any experience with NAEs? Since it sounds like you are not a branch tech, it kind of proves the black eye theory. I am very excited with the technology that we are providing, and from what I am told, so are all the other control companies that are copying the NAEs. I DO NOT USE CRACK.
    I have engineered, installed, programmed both the NAE and the FX40.
    By far, the FX40 is the best.

If you are a JCI Employee, you have NO experience with the FX40. Therefore, you cannot give an educated comparison.

Properly Engineered ASC

A properly engineered/programmed job, will have all of the ASC's (UNT,DX9100) programmed so they can work in the stand-alone mode in case of loss of N2. Global programming should be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac-al View Post
    Thanks all for your input.......

The current UNTs and DXs have some cross JCBasic links but those routines need to be completly revised. Most of them have not be reviewed ot modified since the first installation of the NCM.

We want the current UNTs and DXs more standalone as possible (if the N2 break the units will be able to handle the job) right now they are too tight to the NCM.

We want to use the Supervisor (NCM, N30, FX40, etc) at the top layer as much of possible.

To resume your informations......

NCM, N50, M5, NAE are stricly available for Johnson's Control and ABCS
    M30, M3, FX40 are available to all Johnson's Control resellers (including JCI and ABCS)

It seams the winner is FX40 .... but we are still concern about the fact JCI always refer to Tridium for support and devellopment.

Regards

halrey & frebby

Mr. Thunder.
    A little advice, FWIW.
    When entering a pool for the first time, wade around a bit at first to test the waters.
    Don't just jump right in and start pissing all over the place, as you will just be pissing on your self.

Since you asked about experience, you may want to check out this thread to get a feel for the neighborhood.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=148289

...and from what I am told..
    You work for JCI!
    Tell me you don't believe everything you are told!

I know you are new there, but it shouldn't take you but about a day to figure that one out!

I wish you well grasshopper.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

halrey & frebby

Unfortunately I have seen more than enough NAE's to know that they are extreme pieces of crap. As far as copying them......thats just funny and not even worth the effort to respond. The only black eye theory around here is the one in the middle of your CRACK after the IndyBlues of the world get done with ya.

Frebby-D

OK wrench, i'll try.
    Just so excited with all of this neat stuff i'm starting to work with. It's no wonder why we are the King of the Hill.

I can't understand the frebby-halrey type meanies. They seem to like the 'entry level system' (as I am told it is) but maybe we can convert them eventually.

you go grasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    you go grasshopper
    frebby-d
    I think I'll just ignore you rudeness.

Fx40

I have also engineered, installed, programmed both the NAE and the FX40.
    The FX40 is far Superior to an NAE.

FXdude

Hey, FXDude, you took the words right out my mouth!!

I, too, have engineered, installed, and programmed plenty of both NAE's and FX-40's - and the FX-40 IS far superior.

I understand Blue Thunder's need to listen to his boss, but you don't build ANY credibility by qualifying your statements with "as I am told it is". You CAN add credibility by telling us who all these "other control companies that are copying the NAEs" are. Man, that was funny...

Ignore freddy's rudeness if you wish, but don't ignore the wisdom...

Ok, ok guys....

Let's get back to the topic now.

I shared with you 1 of our concern regarding the FX40 and JCI support.

But we have other concerns......

We have many sites with N30 and M3 with more than 1200 points per unit.
    We have some smaller sites with FX40 with around 200 to 300 points. One of them have about 800 points.

The graphics are lot faster with the N30 with its 1200 points then he FX80 with 800 points.

When releasing overwrite in the FX40 sometimes work sometimes not. This never happen in N30.

Historical Datas, datas acquisitions and stats, the FX40 is limited to its memory, the N30 with Access Historian lets us back data easily for years back of logs.

Alarms in the N30 works fine, with the FX40 we had difficulties making the alarms working properly.

Our business is really oriented on complete industrial building automation (including mechanical rooms, compressors, productions, etc) and less standard institutional HVAC.

Regards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast