+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oh... that one???

Post Likes

oh... that one???

Better get the tall ladder. Actually you go up 2 flights of stairs, across the attic, and climb out the window. maybe I should have them call payson

Post Likes

Wink

At least if you fell you would get hurt bad enough to get the day off!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ISOTHERMAL View Post
    Better get the tall ladder. Actually you go up 2 flights of stairs, across the attic, and climb out the window. maybe I should have them call payson

Don't...

You dare!!!!

BTW. I don't do residential anymore. Lucky me!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    BTW. I don't do residential anymore. Lucky me!

You get a new job???? Fill us in.

Post Likes

Cool

Don't fall into the water and get leighsionairs or however you spell the disease.

Just joking, man if you found a job doing comm. work we probably will not here from you again. Unless there are some of the same Gaborone's working in that field too.

Anyway keep posting I think everybody likes your input/output.

Post Likes

condos

i used to do work for one of those home warranty companies - they'd sell a contract on anything! these little condos we used to do had one section of housing where the condensers were 2 stories up on a platform with a patio below... the roof went all the way around this patio, and the platform was about 4 feet below the roof! it was so insane i threatened to quit. i went home early instead, HAHA!

Post Likes
    no way!! i would have told them, oh you need another hvac guy, and called my boss to work on it. if he don't work on it, neither does the company.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Oh Hell no.
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ISOTHERMAL View Post
    You got the method all wrong.

extension ladder to terrace ( don't forget your 10' ladder on the way up ). then stand the 10'er up against the edge of the roof from the terrace. Viola. instant access. to make your PM's go faster you could bring up a scaffold board and two 6'ers leaned up there to work on both at the same time and still be considered safe. forget all that attic monkey crawling nonsense.

just kidding dude. I dont think my boss would even make me do that one unless a high reach was involved and it better really be broken too or it won't be worth it. Good luck with it.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

VETO PRO PAC - The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Post Likes

Hmm

Damn, take your time on that call (seriously) for 2 reasons, #1 you dont want to fall, and more importantly #2 you DEFANITLY dont want any call backs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by danno062 View Post
    i used to do work for one of those home warranty companies - they'd sell a contract on anything! these little condos we used to do had one section of housing where the condensers were 2 stories up on a platform with a patio below... the roof went all the way around this patio, and the platform was about 4 feet below the roof! it was so insane i threatened to quit. i went home early instead, HAHA!
    If my boss said run the call or go home early, I would choose to go home early also. Then with my spare time I would clean my van out and deliver it back to the shop the next morning.

Going home early because you refuse a call like that is just punishment. And I refuse to be punished because of stupidity.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    Well there's a couple things to add one I'm self employed. So I can't tell the boss I won't do the call, I could tell the customer I won't do it, or I can find a safer way to do the call. I have a full body harness that I use on some jobs. I have done minimal work on the right hand I really don't care much for being up there. I'm scared to death of heights!!
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

Post Likes
    I would not want to do a compressor change on those

The thought of getting the part and tools up there makes me wanna strangle the installer.

Post Likes
    OSHA regulation 1926501(b)(1):

Unprotected sides and edges." Each employee on a walking/working surface (horizontal and vertical surface) with an unprotected side or edge which is 6 feet (1.8 m) or more above a lower level shall be protected from falling by the use of guardrail systems, safety net systems, or personal fall arrest systems.

Also, if a roof pitch is greater than 4.5/12 (that roof looks like 6/12) will require a flat surface around the equipment or an attachment point for a harness.

No way in hell I service those units as they are.
    Leadership...the ability to move forward even when you've burned your foot.

Post Likes
    You guys are a bunch of sissies.

Post Likes
    i wanna go on that call!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in