Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by yotaman16 View Post
    well the California speedway is a oval track with three different road courses in it.. That is defiantly not the place to top out a bike.. Althought i would love to ride that track.....http://www.californiaspeedway.com/track_info/

ya as i first thought he is dreaming in a live world

or is that living in a dream world

nice to see we have some bike guru's;

there is no need to b.s. about ones experience

first the man says he has been 226 on his bike, now its marlboro's bike

he has no specs on (his) marlboro bike, uhhh i call b.s.

In webers defense, the speedo may have said 226 but that bike could have had even a small gearing change and it would have thrown off the speedo. The higher that speedo climbs the more inaccurate it is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonh View Post
    In webers defense, the speedo may have said 226 but that bike could have had even a small gearing change and it would have thrown off the speedo. The higher that speedo climbs the more inaccurate it is anyway.

thats right according to the busa speedo back in 1999 they used to read up to 220

now they only read to 185, anyhow when the busa speedo said 220 mph

according to the radar gun and gps that was only 200mph

Quote Originally Posted by slimwoodie View Post
    Jammer, or Paughco frame on that 61 ci..??
    paughco frame, '67 right side w/ '78 left and alt. electrics. generator and idler gear removed, case shaved and closed. '78 top @ 80". kawasaki front brake. and anything that said Harley Davidson on it was removed and sold at a swap meet for a lot more than it was worth! suicide shift with the ole glass doorknob. wanna trade?
    i went to school a long, long time ago. that makes me old school
    mike

This guy can't make 200 - but you do it routinely?e

phm
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Sorry - I thought I could C&P a photograph

There is a guy named Olly and he owns the fastest Hayabusa in Scotland (or at least it was a couple of years ago). This is no idle boast because he can show you his light-gate printouts and a large pile of trophies. He can also show you the dyno printout showing slightly over 400 rear wheel horsepower.

His bike has the biggest supercharger you ever did see fitted to a motorcycle. Olly himself has a PhD in fuel injection and has a job designing electronics for Triumph motorcycles. The bike has an enormous rear tire, runs on some exotic fuel he gets shipped from the US in drums, and has been stretched by a good 12".

Pertinent to your argument, none of the REALLY fast fast 'busas on the drag scene have been overbored, they all use forced induction and massively high compression ratios. The bike is still a 1300cc.

Terminals a standing 1/4 mile in the high 170mph range. Also interestingly, he has tried for some top speed runs and has been unable to crack 200mph on it (come damned close though). On paper it has enough power and sufficiently good aerodynamics to touch 250mph but there simply isn't a piece of tarmac long enough to get up there then stop again.

But you all are routinely doing it, and on other bikes as well. And look; it's not that I don't still love you and all . . . . . but Come On Now! <g>
    PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    There is a guy named Olly and he owns the fastest Hayabusa in Scotland (or at least it was a couple of years ago). This is no idle boast because he can show you his light-gate printouts and a large pile of trophies. He can also show you the dyno printout showing slightly over 400 rear wheel horsepower.

His bike has the biggest supercharger you ever did see fitted to a motorcycle. Olly himself has a PhD in fuel injection and has a job designing electronics for Triumph motorcycles. The bike has an enormous rear tire, runs on some exotic fuel he gets shipped from the US in drums, and has been stretched by a good 12".

Pertinent to your argument, none of the REALLY fast fast 'busas on the drag scene have been overbored, they all use forced induction and massively high compression ratios. The bike is still a 1300cc.

Terminals a standing 1/4 mile in the high 170mph range. Also interestingly, he has tried for some top speed runs and has been unable to crack 200mph on it (come damned close though). On paper it has enough power and sufficiently good aerodynamics to touch 250mph but there simply isn't a piece of tarmac long enough to get up there then stop again.

But you all are routinely doing it, and on other bikes as well. And look; it's not that I don't still love you and all . . . . . but Come On Now! <g>

phm, stick with hvac, you definately no more about that than you do about terminal speeds of motorcycles

and you definately dont know much about dragracing!

but, anyway it is what it is

hey phm give me a call some time and i will explain as much as i can to you about it!

email me i'll give you my number!

my e-mail is in my profile

I used to ride in '94-'95. CBR 600 F2

Here's the score from some of my friends:

2 dead
    1 paralyzed
    1 missing right leg (below knee)
    1 missing calf muscle on right leg
    1 dual compound fractures both arms between wrist and elbow
    5 bad road rash

and I can't bend the pinky on my right hand.

I vote: Not worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by samit55 View Post
    I used to ride in '94-'95. CBR 600 F2

Here's the score from some of my friends:

2 dead
    1 paralyzed
    1 missing right leg (below knee)
    1 missing calf muscle on right leg
    1 dual compound fractures both arms between wrist and elbow
    5 bad road rash

and I can't bend the pinky on my right hand.

I vote: Not worth it!
    i am missing a big chunk of calf muscle also

had an awsome doctor though

i displaced my shin bone 360 degrees

they used something called a hoffmans device on my leg

the bottom line is no pins were left inside my leg

made about a 99% recovery from that

Here's where I learned it all -

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_EI6oEhv9Jc
    PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_EI6oEhv9Jc
    your link is lame (it dont work), just like your motorcycle knowledge

----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

-----------------
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

'78 FLH, punched out to 84 ci. Bought it new 30 years ago, and it's been rebuilt four times. Live in Canada, so only eight decent riding months. The speedo quit 22 years ago, so no clue as to how many miles on it. It still runs strong. Foot clutch and tank shifter, 2" drag pipes, but I 'tip-toe' quietly through residential areas. But BOY does that bad dog BARK!

Used to own a '74 Norton 850 Commando, a '70 Triumph Bonnie, dirt bikes before that.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast