Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

JMAC,

I was just at 1800riders and read some post about the preload....
    Don't know bout you...
    But when i get to the twisties I set up the preload (especially two up) to give a little more clearance. I sometimes get a little aggressive....

Then wifee starts rapping on my helmet and screaming on the comm.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

There is just something about a girl on a bike....

http://www.loeil2fred.com/photo/5899-Yamaha-525-XTY-La-premiere-chute
    TFMM

Not sure if I posted this before, but this is my ride. 2006 Boss Hoss, 502 Cubic Inch big block. Awesome cruiser, good on the twisties... and fast as a busa on the straight stretch.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ricm View Post

good on the twisties... and fast as a busa on the straight stretch.
    Maaan! That is a handful!
    I have heard about unbelievable torque, but I have also heard that it takes forty acres to turn around?
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Maaan! That is a handful!
    I have heard about unbelievable torque, but I have also heard that it takes forty acres to turn around?
    575 ft/lbs of torque. Respectable. It's 12 inches longer in the wheel base than a touring Harley.

Many riders want to try to compare it to this motorcycle and that motorcycle... but it's designed to be a cruiser with an attitude. Most Boss Hoss's are 350 CI motors, so the bike is 3" shorter, and 3" lower than my 502. It's also 1,100 lbs in weight, where mine is 1400 lbs with all the fluids in.

It took me six days of constant riding... I was a nervous puppy those six days, until I found that it's easy to ride... just behave. Get to know YOUR limits with such horse power. It'd be like sending a 10 year old person on a Hyabusa. Not a good plan.

The factory (Boss Hoss) will only allow a person to 'test ride' a 502 ONLY if they own a Boss Hoss 350 already!

It's edgy when trying to navigate gravel parking lots with big rocks... but it's not that bad. It's also nice to have someone nearby to help pick it up if you are unfortunate to drop it... LOL Here is a link of my bike idling... I'll send one of it riding... if you don't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzBpXinXgNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJO061ZknSk

A brief riding sequence where I'm holding the camera. Only got up to 175... but will shoot some video of over 300 when I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJO061ZknSk

A brief riding sequence where I'm holding the camera. Only got up to 175... but will shoot some video of over 300 when I can.
    Impressive! How stable is it at higher speeds?
    TFMM

JMAC,

I was just at 1800riders and read some post about the preload....
    Don't know bout you...
    But when i get to the twisties I set up the preload (especially two up) to give a little more clearance. I sometimes get a little aggressive....

Then wifee starts rapping on my helmet and screaming on the comm.

yep, normally I have the preload at 25, for some reason the next time I rode the bike I checked and it was at 5

I have been a member of 1800riders since '03, we have been to all the Cats-Cades/Apple-Cade/Americades. I just didn't want to post my dilemma on there and give all the sanctimonious "I-told-you-so's" a chance to rail on me about safety gear

although Wheels would have just busted my chops
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Impressive! How stable is it at higher speeds?
    I've recently put on a car tire on the back wheel, it's great on long cruises, and surprisingly stable in the twisties. However, I recently took her up a bit past 260 kph and had a slight side-to-side wobble. With the Avon bike tire on the back, it was smooth at 310kph However, it's not real practical to travel at those speeds, so I think I'll switch from a Falken 225/15 car tire to a Mickey Thompson 245/15 tire next. I hear they can hack the pace.

I've recently put on a car tire on the back wheel, it's great on long cruises, and surprisingly stable in the twisties. However, I recently took her up a bit past 260 kph and had a slight side-to-side wobble. With the Avon bike tire on the back, it was smooth at 310kph However, it's not real practical to travel at those speeds, so I think I'll switch from a Falken 225/15 car tire to a Mickey Thompson 245/15 tire next. I hear they can hack the pace.

umm if my calculations are correct? 310KPH is equal to 190 MPH

nothing personal, but are you nuts and where do you find a road straight enough to go that fast
    The Last four letters

any questions

Lots of crazy people....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21dfD...eature=related

beejeezus
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Good lord that is an awesome bike! Is that the fuel pump that is insanely loud at the beginning of the video? What kind of mileage do you get on that think?

something ain't right with that video? half way through the speedo increases in speed but the objects going by don't appear to be going by any faster.

If you ignore the speedo/tach it "looks" like the bike isn't going any faster by the way objects on the side of the road are going by?

But by the end of the video, the bike appears to be going well over 130+ mph, but I just got a feeling someone may have done a little "photo-work"
    The Last four letters

any questions

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920 LastLast