Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

That is one Sharp looking bike Dutch

What is it?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What is it?
    It used to be a Yamaha SR, it is rebuild by DUES.
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

my 2001 custom busa on a ride in cape cod

Had a Suzuki GS1000 back in the mid eigghties. Sold it after I dumped it at 100+ mph. Still have aches and pains from it. I always wanted to get myself a Harley but never could swing it, had ex wives in my wallet. Now I can afford one but my body won't let me ride. My friend died from injuries recieved in an accident. Has been almost a year now. My brother bought an electra glide last year, he loves it.

Name:  l_9b6afed11ef22ee428d066c49656a955.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  72.1 KB
    My friend Jack who died almost a year ago. His widow still has this bike. Was riding his Road King when he wrecked.

I low sided my Goldwing a 2 weeks ago. we were two up and I took an "s" turn a little to fast. I set up nicely for the first right hand turn, but I cut the corner to fast and started to go wide on the second turn and it turns out it was a reducing radius turn and my suspension was set to low.

we started to go wide, so I stood her up and hit the binders and slowed to about 20MPH, but we got in the gravel and down we went. If I had stood her up and went straight I would have gone right down a sidewalk and been fine

We slid for about 20 feet, I was NOT WARING my mesh jacket ( it was 85 out) but TBB* was ( thank god)

Bent the front left crash bar, back and up about an inch. the rear crash bar has some metal missing TBB* ended up on top of me and has a scratch on her left ring finger ( I'm not kidding, she got NOTHING)

I ended up with severe road rash on my left shoulder and POSSIBLY, a couple of cracked ribs, definitely bruised ribs.

But the bike is basically fine, other than the front crash bar and some scratches on the left saddle bag

After the Paramedics got through with us ( we refused medical treatment, other than saline solution to clean the dirt out of my road rash) and the cops asked me to "be more careful" (ya think) we drove the bike home.

I went to the doc the next day and she gave me some Silver Sulfa...blah, blah,blah....... I don't know Latin but it is great stuff. healed my road rash in about a week, but my ribs still hurt, especially if I sneeze...........please god, no sneezing

we have been driving the bike, no big deal. Ya got to get back on the horse.

This is my second accident in 30 years. Just remember, you don't know how far you can go ~~~~ until you have gone to far

Ride safe, keep the rubber side down
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

thanx, we're fine. TBB* kept saying "you dumba$$, I thought for sure you were going to save it" ~~~~

ya well, I'm good but not that good

We actually visited California Side Car (which oddly enough is in Coleen Va~~who knew? ) but I ain't ready for three wheels yet. Give me another ten years or so.

If I do go for a trike, i will probably go for one of these: http://www.bosshossofarkansas.com/trike.html

Ya got to have POWER

Oh ya, Capt Morgan is a great medicine, it tends to relieve pain, very nicely

btw: TBB stands for = Throttle Boss Barb
    The Last four letters

any questions

have a Honda 350 4 Cylinder 1974
    and a Yamaha 750 Virago 1996
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    OK, I'm old

no argument here
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I low sided my Goldwing
    BTDT! i feel your pain! sorta........

Take care and you are very lucky to be talking now. Wifeee after the "search for all the pieces" would have clocked me.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

no biggy, every 30 years or so I need a wake-up call
    The Last four letters

any questions

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast