Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

I have a 2006 Concours, Sport-Touring bike and I try to ride ATGATT and I know loud pipes DO-NOT SAVE lifes....

Bring on the tweesties........

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

I bought this two weeks ago. Traded in my vulcan for it. It's a Honda
    VTX1800 with hypercharger, vance and hines pipes and a dynojet
    power commander. I just added the mustang seat. The original didn't have
    a back rest for the driver.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

I don't know why I do things-

"Mikey, What are you building that TT-500 for? These are great bikes! I use one for racing flat track. These bikes can be pumped so easily for the dirt track, and just run like a champ."
    ----

Do you mean what made it a requirement?

I bought it at a yard sale for $25. Replaced the coil, cleaned the carb, and fired it up. Ran like a dirt rocket. The exhaust was beat and the only thing I could find for cheap was a huge open megaphone. One time that filled up with water and froze. It split the pipe, and froze the valves. We had other things to ride. And any time it is nice enough to work on the bikes - it's nice enough to ride. So he just sat. I always preferd a smaller bike anyway.

My son started out ten years ago on a QT-50 with knobbies, but then rode my KE-175, then the TT-225, and the CR-250. He was always musing over how fast the TT-500 must be. So one cold day I popped the engine out and tossed it on the bench for some investigative work.

Some valves, gaskets, seals, and rings later and it was looking pretty happy again.

I am sort of antsy to see it running again but I am busier now than I have ever been in 25 years. I have no kitchen in my house. And some polycyanurate board and insulated vinyl siding to get up before the real cold comes.

Sad as it seems - I have become a Dull Boy. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

500 singles ... are lotta fun ...

don't forget gixer guy's, we're talkin' 265 > 345 # here ... and 75 hp, or more

i got the Velo ....500 cc 85 hp
    TT500 500 cc 50 hp
    SR500 500 cc 75 hp
    AJS 500 cc 35 hp

the Velo don't have no air cleaner ., itsa leg wettin' chain snatchin' wobbly Pig ..
    'till ya hit 40 mph

then itsa fantastic ridin' bike, right to 130 mph ... on tube type tyre's

Velocette engineering was 30+ years ahead of thier time ... you oughta see the chassis tuning features built in

and P.H.M. ...
    you got fine taste in bikes..

how ya likin' it here at H-Talk ..??
    lot's different than Dan's ....

someday i'll get rid of the pesky viessman guy here.... Richie ...

I just go with the Tao on bikes -

Slim,

Years ago Kawasaki's were the red-headed-step-child of the Big Four. So naturally; I gravitated to them, and them to me.

Hondas seem to hate me, but Hope springs eternal - so I have high hopes for the little CL-175.

I had some 1960's and 1970's Triumphs in the past but this 2001 Bonneville is as close to the Perfect All-Around bike as I can easily imagine. Big enough, small enough, fast enough, handles well. And in 33,000 + miles it has never once missed a beat, never leaked or used a drop of oil, never once turned a wrong foot while riding. And no matter where you go, or who you ride with - everybody loves it. This must be what the bikes in Heaven are like.

I had an early 1970's Yamaha 125 single that was a sort of a PITA and a late 1970's two stroke street bike which stopped the oil pump and the tach when you pulled in the clutch lever. Also; the kick start gears were made of a poor amalgam of Chinese plastic and month-old cottage cheese. But the TT's I have now seem like stout and sturdy units. Of course they are four-strokes too.

I have some KZ-400 and 440's which are my all-around favorite street bikes. I'll see if I can find a picture of the KZ-400 cafe racer wannbe. I am currently building a 440 big-carb version of it.

I had originally set out to make a Norton Commando esque wannbe look-a-like: Sportster solo seat, little old HD taillight, mirrrors under the grips; ala Officer And a Gentleman Triumph, painted fenders, kick start only - just stripped to the minimum.

But one day I was out one early frosty Sunday morning and stopped for hot tea. The usual 'avoiding the wife / buying the paper' malingerers were out front when I parked. As I was headed back to the bike one of them yelled over:

"Hey! Nice cafe racer!"

Hell; I had no idea it even Was one until then. <g>

I just thought I had a made a bike which looked cool to me.

I do think I would like having an SR-500 for the street.

But now the only bike I think seriously about buying is a Kawasaki Ninja 250. <g>

Maybe when the kitchen and the siding is done and I have taken the little woman off somewhere acceptable for a week. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

My 2001 CBR929RR Honda. I've also owned a: '73 CB750 four, '74 CB450 twin, '75 CB550 four (my favorite so far), '91 DR650S '97 CBR600F3. The wife is currently riding a 2004 CBR600F4i.

Quote Originally Posted by slimwoodie View Post
    500 singles ... are lotta fun ...

don't forget gixer guy's, we're talkin' 265 > 345 # here ... and 75 hp, or more

i got the Velo ....500 cc 85 hp
    TT500 500 cc 50 hp
    SR500 500 cc 75 hp
    AJS 500 cc 35 hp
    I find that hard to believe ! how do you get that ? are you also a fisherman ?
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    at 213 (real) mph, the speedo was pegged at 220 for a while before 213 was achieved

we never relied on speedos for any top-end runs

we normally used gps's, and occasionally an off duty cop would show up with his hand held radar gun

yes the off duty cop owned a hyabusa also

most people in the world cant even phathom hitting 200 mph or more on a motorcycle

its fullfilling knowing that i experienced something less than 1 in a million people have in the world

i made this post for the people getting up on this board and talking smack about airmechanical's experiences

and for all the other people out there i love you all!

and may god be with you all, (even the non-beleivers)

Used to use the tach and do the math. Rpm, final ratio, tire circumferance.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchcool View Post
    I find that hard to believe ! how do you get that ? are you also a fisherman ?
    Powroll 7mm Stroker + big bore kit
    White Bros pipe
    Bing butterfly carb 44 mm

=

tire smokin' pig

Quote Originally Posted by slimwoodie View Post
    Powroll 7mm Stroker + big bore kit
    White Bros pipe
    Bing butterfly carb 44 mm

=

tire smokin' pig
    Need to testdrive that pig, when i come over i will bring my helmet !

Big Bang, Big Steps !

Got some pics ?
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

Here, Dutchie ....

stop the drool ...

uh-oh .."exceeds file limit "
    i'll try to shrink it ...
    later

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 LastLast