+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Thanks. Right now Im outfitting it with laser jammers and a radar detector. http://www.radarbusters.com/laser-ja...4293807542.cfm I may put some 2 brothers slip ons down the rode, but other than that I will leave it stock. I had a Busa a few years ago and had a single exhaust put on which I regretted. I also put a power commander on it which didnt really do much. So this time Im dropping that grand that a pipe would cost into some radar crap. Have you done much to your Gixxer?
    nice 14 you got there, i got rid of my busa last year, stock motor with akrapovic header

and power commander, it topped out at 198 mph (on gps) if you look in the guiness book of world records

the busa is the fastest production bike (EVER) built, a guy weighing 135 lbs went 201 mph on a busa

off the showroom floor! next time your at the bookstore look in the guiness book!

the new stock zx14 will beat a stock busa in the quarter mile, but busa's will top out

faster than a zx14 after similar modifications due to the bullet shaped bodywork,

i wouldn't mind owning a new busa and a zx14,

but i cant top em out here in tennessee like i could in miami, due to the fact that

the roads are not level or long enough here, unless you hit I-40, but thats a steep traffic ticket

Post Likes

Here is my baby

2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom

I love this bike !!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    nice 14 you got there, i got rid of my busa last year, stock motor with akrapovic header

and power commander, it topped out at 198 mph (on gps) if you look in the guiness book of world records

the busa is the fastest production bike (EVER) built, a guy weighing 135 lbs went 201 mph on a busa

off the showroom floor! next time your at the bookstore look in the guiness book!

the new stock zx14 will beat a stock busa in the quarter mile, but busa's will top out

faster than a zx14 after similar modifications due to the bullet shaped bodywork,

i wouldn't mind owning a new busa and a zx14,

but i cant top em out here in tennessee like i could in miami, due to the fact that

the roads are not level or long enough here, unless you hit I-40, but thats a steep traffic ticket

Just curious, why did you get rid of your Busa? Work got really slow when I had mine and I had to sell it. I put 8K down on the zx14 so that chit wont happen again. I dont see much difference between the 14 and the Busa, having driven them both. The Busa is a better looking bike than the 14 IMO, but I wantd to try something new. Do you like the 08 Busa's? They look quite different from the 07's. Do you still have your darg bike? Whats your fastest on that? As for the guiness record that must have been an older Busa as I have heard that now all bikes come with a limiter that shuts you down at 186 mph. Dont know if I will ever find out as you mentioned the road conditions have to be pretty good to get up to those speeds.

Post Likes
    Mine is a 22 year old K100 BMW. I have no desire to buy a new bike.

Post Likes
    I have a question for you crotch rocket guys . A good friend of mine is getting ready to buy a bike . He is in love with the GSXR 750's and has been pretty much focusing on getting one. Well he just found an '02 Suzuki TL1000 with 1800 miles on it for $4K . Which is a better bike and if given the choice what would you own ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oroy54 View Post
    Chillbilly I had a Ducati 250 dirt bike, back when I was 16. I used to even race. Flat track a semi sand. There are a lot of reasons to die. Going 145mph is not one of those. I will pray for you boys.
    Thanks Roy.

Post Likes
    I think I've made my decision.....

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...8/Default.aspx
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

Post Likes

I might get one to...like this one maybe...

Or maybe not...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trey r View Post
    A friend of mine has an '06 C50 . Nice bike but I like my V Star better . He does to !!! I would recommend you take another look @ the V Stars before you buy the C50 . If this is your first bike I would NOT recommend buying a smaller bike " to get used to " . You will out grow it quick then you are stuck with a small bike that you will be unhappy with .

Post Likes
    What is it you like better about the V-Star, the power? I've riden a V-Star and enjoyed it.
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

Post Likes
    THE POWER !! I love the power that the V Star 1100 has . I am not a speed demon by any means but I do like having the power there when you crank the throttle . I also like the fact that the V Star is also 28" off the ground . It is the lowest of the cruisers . At almost 650lbs it is also a heavy bike . With the seat height and weight combination it makes for a super stable ride @ highway speeds . The V Satrs are know for their superb ride over the competition . Like I said the C50 is a nice bike but I like the V Stars better . The V Star classic also has more of an " old school " cruiser look to it than the Suzukis do .

Post Likes

A little dirty, but paid for.......
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by refrtech View Post
    2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom

I love this bike !!!
    What the heck are you parking so close to a Ford? Those things are known to erupt in flames at a moments notice!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    I have a question for you crotch rocket guys . A good friend of mine is getting ready to buy a bike . He is in love with the GSXR 750's and has been pretty much focusing on getting one. Well he just found an '02 Suzuki TL1000 with 1800 miles on it for $4K . Which is a better bike and if given the choice what would you own ?
    I personaly would rather have the 750, because of availability of aftermarket add ons and upgrades. Not really a lot out there for the TL. I have ridden my buddies bikes ( 06 Gsxr 750, TL 1000, 04 Gsxr 1000, 03 R1, and a few different 600s ) and my next bike will definitely be the 750. It has more power than the 600s but not too much for street riding like the liter bikes. And dont be fooled by the 1000 cc's the TL has, because its power doesnt even compare to a 4 cylinder liter bike.

Post Likes
    Thanks. Right now Im outfitting it with laser jammers and a radar detector. http://www.radarbusters.com/laser-ja...4293807542.cfm I may put some 2 brothers slip ons down the rode, but other than that I will leave it stock. I had a Busa a few years ago and had a single exhaust put on which I regretted. I also put a power commander on it which didnt really do much. So this time Im dropping that grand that a pipe would cost into some radar crap. Have you done much to your Gixxer?
    Haven't done any engine mods, only cosmetics, as I hope to be selling this one soon and upgrading to the new 750. Just in case you haven't seen them, check out these racefit exhausts. Don't know if they have one for the 14 yet but, they may have one soon. I have personally heard the slash cut pipe, and beleive me there aint a harley around that is as loud as that thing, especially at 12000 rpm

http://www.racefit.co.uk/index.htm

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonh View Post
    I have personally heard the slash cut pipe, and beleive me there aint a harley around that is as loud as that thing, especially at 12000 rpm

http://www.racefit.co.uk/index.htm

6500 rpm is enough..... At 12K is has to sound like a hornets nest.....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Post Likes

Just curious, why did you get rid of your Busa? Work got really slow when I had mine and I had to sell it. I put 8K down on the zx14 so that chit wont happen again. I dont see much difference between the 14 and the Busa, having driven them both. The Busa is a better looking bike than the 14 IMO, but I wantd to try something new. Do you like the 08 Busa's? They look quite different from the 07's. Do you still have your darg bike? Whats your fastest on that? As for the guiness record that must have been an older Busa as I have heard that now all bikes come with a limiter that shuts you down at 186 mph. Dont know if I will ever find out as you mentioned the road conditions have to be pretty good to get up to those speeds.
    got rid of the busa cause the roads aint long enough here, plus i traded it in on a triton tr 21 w/225 merc outboard

it goes 78 mph, 08 busa's i think are nice, yes i still have the drag bike, we just did nitrous jet flow testing

yesterday to get the nitrous jets pointed the perfect angle, motor should be fully assembled by next week

the record in the guiness book is for a 2000 busa (the last unrestricted year)

go to west palm beach fl. for a weekend, on sunday mornings they always top out at

pratt& whittney blvd. about 7:00 in the morning, the road is about 4 miles long its flat and no traffic

we use gps's and someone usually brings a police radar gun out there

they still go out there my buddy lives close to there, i havn't been there for about 3 years

Post Likes

i would tell him to get a gsxr 1000

thats a sweet bike

unless he just wants to get the mac daddy busa

the tl 1000 is great for wheelies, if you want to litteraly wheelie for miles the tl 1000 is your bike

but if i had to choose between the tl and a gsxr 750, i would get the tl, i like to wheelie

Post Likes
    Jeeze..........[I] feel like I'm in some younger generation with all the out of town bikes.

1st I pick Airmechanical for largest huevos on site!!!!

I ride an 81 HD Sturgis eddition shovel. My wife rode a 84 Ironhead, droped the tranny and went out and bought a 03 1200. Sweet bike.
    i'm way beyond fast but I ride every chance.

About loud pipes... There is even in the HD community to tone it down. We'll see.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Loud Pipes Save Lives !!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in