+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Post Likes
    feel free to post my pic in the office, PHM ..

remember to say it with a Boston accent ...

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

Sure - it's 'Boston" but -

With that English/Cockney accent 'edge' of an Irish Mafia 'muscle' goon. <g>
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    who's gonna finnish thier CL175 first ...??

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes

damifino -

But the way it's looking here - the smart money will be betting against it being Me - I can tell you that.

What do you have left to do on yours?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    only got 5000 mi on it... needs tires, nice chrome

got the tin's in primer

you know she'll get up 'n run w/ only a fluid change & carb clean......

Post Likes

so just tires and ether then, eh? <g>

My CL-175 is like that too; about 2000 or 3000 miles. It was red but the tank was Really bad inside so I put on a green one. The POS PO took off the bar controls with dikes and left no stubs, plus pulled all the wires from the bars. I fiddled with it for a time but recently just bought a set of bars with controls and harness intact.

I have no kitchen at present so my 'spare time' is not being spent working on bikes at the moment. <g>

I did manage to ride the Bonneville on Sat. but it really needs a battery.

Always something. <g>
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Poodle, nodder one ! :

drooldrool.
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

Post Likes

You guys..............

need to go offroad, and go large !
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Post Likes

That is one Sharp looking bike Dutch

What is it?
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What is it?
    It used to be a Yamaha SR, it is rebuild by DUES.
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

Post Likes
    my 2001 custom busa on a ride in cape cod

Post Likes
    Had a Suzuki GS1000 back in the mid eigghties. Sold it after I dumped it at 100+ mph. Still have aches and pains from it. I always wanted to get myself a Harley but never could swing it, had ex wives in my wallet. Now I can afford one but my body won't let me ride. My friend died from injuries recieved in an accident. Has been almost a year now. My brother bought an electra glide last year, he loves it.

Attachment 45842
    My friend Jack who died almost a year ago. His widow still has this bike. Was riding his Road King when he wrecked.

Post Likes
    I low sided my Goldwing a 2 weeks ago. we were two up and I took an "s" turn a little to fast. I set up nicely for the first right hand turn, but I cut the corner to fast and started to go wide on the second turn and it turns out it was a reducing radius turn and my suspension was set to low.

we started to go wide, so I stood her up and hit the binders and slowed to about 20MPH, but we got in the gravel and down we went. If I had stood her up and went straight I would have gone right down a sidewalk and been fine

We slid for about 20 feet, I was NOT WARING my mesh jacket ( it was 85° out) but TBB* was ( thank god)

Bent the front left crash bar, back and up about an inch. the rear crash bar has some metal missing TBB* ended up on top of me and has a scratch on her left ring finger ( I'm not kidding, she got NOTHING)

I ended up with severe road rash on my left shoulder and POSSIBLY, a couple of cracked ribs, definitely bruised ribs.

But the bike is basically fine, other than the front crash bar and some scratches on the left saddle bag

After the Paramedics got through with us ( we refused medical treatment, other than saline solution to clean the dirt out of my road rash) and the cops asked me to "be more careful" (ya think) we drove the bike home.

I went to the doc the next day and she gave me some Silver Sulfa...blah, blah,blah....... I don't know Latin but it is great stuff. healed my road rash in about a week, but my ribs still hurt, especially if I sneeze...........please god, no sneezing

we have been driving the bike, no big deal. Ya got to get back on the horse.

This is my second accident in 30 years. Just remember, you don't know how far you can go ~~~~ until you have gone to far

Ride safe, keep the rubber side down
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Thank goodness U R OK and TBB didn't get hurt. Bet you hit a little Capt Morgan later that day didn't ya??

Converted my Ultra EG to a trike but still have the SE Fatboy. Ever think of triking your GW?

Post Likes
    thanx, we're fine. TBB* kept saying "you dumba$$, I thought for sure you were going to save it" ~~~~

ya well, I'm good but not that good

We actually visited California Side Car (which oddly enough is in Coleen Va~~who knew? ) but I ain't ready for three wheels yet. Give me another ten years or so.

If I do go for a trike, i will probably go for one of these: http://www.bosshossofarkansas.com/trike.html

Ya got to have POWER

Oh ya, Capt Morgan is a great medicine, it tends to relieve pain, very nicely

btw: TBB stands for = Throttle Boss Barb

Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    have a Honda 350 4 Cylinder 1974
    and a Yamaha 750 Virago 1996
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    OK, I'm old

no argument here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I low sided my Goldwing
    BTDT! i feel your pain! sorta........

Take care and you are very lucky to be talking now. Wifeee after the "search for all the pieces" would have clocked me.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in