+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Post Likes
    Well if nothing else they sound good. I do agree they bother neighbors. I seldomly ride at night if I do I take it easy.
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

Post Likes
    Roger that

We always take it easy around subdivisions especially our own.

Mine has the old Harley sound and is a little bit louder than the new SE II pipes (I have a set of them too) but not knowing for sure if loud pipes saves lives is real or not I prefer to err to the safe side.

BRRAAaaaaaaROOOOOMmmmmm

Have a friend that rides a 07 RK SEagle that's been modified (154 hp at the crank) now.. his pipes are loud.. real loud. He didn't realize just how loud they were until I grabbed it from him yesterday and left him in my driveway. I let him hear me (on his bike) about 3 miles away. When I got back he was in awe. "I didn't know it was that loud, oh my gosh"

Needless to say... my knees were shaking.... damn that is a fast bike.

Post Likes
    Just had the same moron go blasting by my house again. Worst part about it, in one more mile he'd be out in the country and could do as he wants My Aspencade sounds like a sewing machine but it's hard to keep it under 60.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    1985 FLHT. Motor has a little work done to it, custom paint, no fairing or trunk - it looks like the newer Road Kings.

I'm on call this week, but the weather is so nice that there is nothing going on, so I was able to take it out for a short ride this afternoon.

Post Likes
    I have flirted with the idea of getting a Motorcycle again. I had one 10 years ago for about a year, but got rid of it. I loved riding it, but riding a motorcycle in my area is crazy scary.
    The DFW metroplex is NOT a safe place to ride. Hell, friggin self absorbed retarded drivers drive like they don't see my damn service van, much less a motorcycle.

IMO, modern car interiors are TO quiet. You should be able to hear the traffic around you, and mechanical noises from the car. Some of these new cars, you can't even here emergency vehicles until they are right on you.

I like the wind and the noise, so 17 personal vehicle I have ever owned were convertibles, except the 3 that had sun roofs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    Mine's a Trek Multi-track 7200.

If I bought a motorcycle I would likely find myself without a spouse.
    The reality of marriage is often that your mid life crisismobile has to have 4 wheels.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    Mine's a Trek Multi-track 7200.

If I bought a motorcycle I would likely find myself without a spouse.
    Heck' I bought my Goldwing 3 weeks ago. My wife and I looked at it and went home for a couple of hours. Then she said " Your not getting any younger, I think you should buy it!"
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    yes it has nitrous

Post Likes
    Man, do I ever miss my street bikes.

Had a Suzuki GS1000, a Yamaha 650 Hertage Special and a Triumph 650 hardtail chopper with a springer front end that just streched out forever.

Damn near got killed by some dumb-f**k a-h*le on the A/C Expressway who came off the on ramp at 70 in his Honda and never even looked in his mirror. If the trucker I was forced to cut off to get out of the way wasn't one hell of a driver, me and the Ex-Wife would've been grease spots for the Troopers to scrape into ziplock baggies.

That was the last of many close calls that summer. Sold all three bikes within the next month and went dirt.

Still have the Honda TRX-250, but all my buddies are far to married to come out and ride anymore, so it mostly just sits.

Gotta admit though, the '08 Softtails are lookin real sharp, I might just have to jump in again.

Last edited by bustawrench1; 09-03-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Post Likes
    1994 Ducati M-900 "Monster"
    The Italians dubbed it IL Monstro.
    The Ducati 914 is the best handling bike I've ever driven.

Post Likes
    My last bike. It was a customized '59 Triumph Bonneville. That's my uncle on it. I had to check and re-tighten everything each time I rode it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcr View Post
    Heck' I bought my Goldwing 3 weeks ago. My wife and I looked at it and went home for a couple of hours. Then she said " Your not getting any younger, I think you should buy it!"

Congradulations! I am Looking forward to Wing Ding next year. Maybe we will see you there?

Sorry about your "short" riding season up there!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    I owned a kawasaki kz 400 one summer. I bought it for $250 with a busted oil pan, (the guy dropped it on the shifter). I fixed it with jb weld and sheet aluminum and rode it all summer. I want one of these now.
    http://www.ktm.com/640-Adventure.38.20.html
    Luke 6:31

Post Likes
    my street bike was a kz 750, that sucker was fast in its day.

a-holes in cars were the reasons for getting rid of it.

that and the fact that the guys i was riding with were getting kind of crazy.
    145mph down I-295 was a reality check for me...

keep the m/c license current in case the need comes up again, wife would probably leave my @ss if i did it though.

Post Likes

I hope you boys have fun

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    my street bike was a kz 750, that sucker was fast in its day.

a-holes in cars were the reasons for getting rid of it.

that and the fact that the guys i was riding with were getting kind of crazy.
    145mph down I-295 was a reality check for me...

keep the m/c license current in case the need comes up again, wife would probably leave my @ss if i did it though.
    Chillbilly I had a Ducati 250 dirt bike, back when I was 16. I used to even race. Flat track a semi sand. There are a lot of reasons to die. Going 145mph is not one of those. I will pray for you boys.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trey r View Post
    What kind of bikes do you have?
    Ninja zx1400 / 2007. Still breaking it in. When she's broke in I will let you know how fast it goes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcr View Post
    Just don't be like that guy in a video someone posted last year.
    Guy had a new Goldwing with all the trimmings, but seemed ummm.....inexperienced.
    He crashed it HARD into parked cars in the parking lot in the first 2 seconds of his first ride on it, lol.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Ninja zx1400 / 2007. Still breaking it in. When she's broke in I will let you know how fast it goes.
    Nice 14 roger Any mods in the future?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Just don't be like that guy in a video someone posted last year.
    Guy had a new Goldwing with all the trimmings, but seemed ummm.....inexperienced.
    He crashed it HARD into parked cars in the parking lot in the first 2 seconds of his first ride on it, lol.
    That wasn't a Wing, that was a dressed Hardly.
    I got it again just the other day.....
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonh View Post
    Nice 14 roger Any mods in the future?
    Thanks. Right now Im outfitting it with laser jammers and a radar detector. http://www.radarbusters.com/laser-ja...4293807542.cfm I may put some 2 brothers slip ons down the rode, but other than that I will leave it stock. I had a Busa a few years ago and had a single exhaust put on which I regretted. I also put a power commander on it which didnt really do much. So this time Im dropping that grand that a pipe would cost into some radar crap. Have you done much to your Gixxer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in