Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by refrtech View Post
    I have a question for you crotch rocket guys . A good friend of mine is getting ready to buy a bike . He is in love with the GSXR 750's and has been pretty much focusing on getting one. Well he just found an '02 Suzuki TL1000 with 1800 miles on it for $4K . Which is a better bike and if given the choice what would you own ?
    Is it the TLR or TLS? The R is too heavy for my taste. The S was a better bike. It really comes down to weather you like I4's or twins. Totally differtent power delivery. I prefer twins myself so I would get the TL if it was the S version.
    -Marty

Quote Originally Posted by m singer View Post
    I have two bikes. A 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200 the naked version. A great do it all bike for a bargain price. It is very comfortable and very fast. It handles better then it has a right to for what it is.

I also have a 2005 Buell XB12R Firebolt. The Buell isn’t as comfortable nor does it have the power of the Bandit. The handling of the Firebolt is simply incredible! On a twisty mountain road there is nothing that I would rather ride then my Firebolt. Being that I live about 25 minutes from the Tail of the Dragon the Buell gets ridden the most.
    If you are close to deals gap, you my friend, are close to heaven! Do any of your pants still have the knee in them ?

I have had many bikes and loved something different about everyone of them.

As far as the bussa's go.... I hate them. Worst riding bike I have ever riden, and I felt they were not as fast as they were said to be.

When the busssa's 1st came out I was riding a 91 fzr1000, Good friend of mine bought the 1st one sold in ca. He wanted to race on the back roads to vegas. For the money he paid for the thing it should have killed me. By the 5th mile I could not see him in my mirror.

Later in life I went to the crusier side, and I loved the bike 1100 V-star, but it killed my back. The crotch rockets were more comfortable to me. Loved the Vstar, but with a windsheild the freeways will kill you.

Right now I have a R1, and a few dirt bikes and quads. I will be buying another cruiser here soon, and it will be an Indian. I love these bikes. The style and history of them, makes them very unique.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Well I broke down and got the Suzuki c50. Rode it most of the day and love it. My brother tried to leave me with his V-star 1100 and couldn't. It rides great the only bad thing is they didn't have my pipes in stock so I'm Putin around in stealth mode. Wait next week I'll have the crash bars and pipes then I'll come cruising through each of your neighborhoods at 5:30AM
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

I took some pics this morning.

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

Nice bike, for what it's worth i have a Kawasaki Concours..If I could afford it i'd love one of the new Concours based off the ZX-14.

What's her name Trey ?

Nice. Does she always look that way in the morning?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Back in highschool I rode a 76' Honda 400 SS. That was a cool 4 cyl bike.

About 12 years ago I bought a 48' 3 wheeler HD off my gang banger brother to get him out of jail in FLA. Traded it for a big 21' boat. Wish I wouldn't have done that.

A couple years ago I traded a bunch of HVAC tools for an 82' Honda 900 Custom. Super nice bike but every time I rode it someone would turn in front of me or cut me off. It got to where every time I road it I thought of my family. So I sold it after a year. Anyone want to buy a slightly used helmet set up for cold/hot weather ?

Matt - does it have heat? I wear an XXL or and XXXL

depending on the brand of helmet.
    PHM
    --------

Matt - does it have heat? I wear an XXL or and XXXL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you get a recent promotion?:

JK
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I find that I tend to ride the smaller bikes more

About 500 cc's is the best all-around size but it's nicer to also have one smaller to run around locally on.

I used to have three GL-1000's which I liked at first but it was such a PITA horsing that 700+ lbs around town. Great on the highway all day at 80, but just to in general use - brutal.

My Bonneville isn't too bad for weight and it's very nimble but I like it clean and tank bag doesn't hold much.

I have a rack on one of the KZ-440's but I think I'm going to like the CL-175 better for errands.

I have picked up a 2 HP compressor on the Bonneville by bungie-ing it to the seat behind me. Got a few smiles with it and the filter/drier on top of that. <g>

Hey! How do I post pics here? I have a great one showing me picking up 50 rolls of toilet tissue and 20 rolls or paper towels on a 1981 KZ-440. <g>
    PHM
    --------

nope, and I know my boss doesn't really like me besides <g>

I just keep praying that I don't hear a Slim Whitman song by accident.
    PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

It don't have heat but a double layer face shield that supposed to not fog up. It works pretty good and it came with a stocking cap that fits in good. Then it has adjustable air vents for summer. It's a good helmet and looks brand new. It's blue and white design like you'de wear on a rice rocket. Not a major brand name. I paid like $80 bucks for it a couple years ago. I think it's just a large though.

I can post a picture and size tonight.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast