Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by refrtech View Post
    2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom

I love this bike !!!
    What the heck are you parking so close to a Ford? Those things are known to erupt in flames at a moments notice!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

I have a question for you crotch rocket guys . A good friend of mine is getting ready to buy a bike . He is in love with the GSXR 750's and has been pretty much focusing on getting one. Well he just found an '02 Suzuki TL1000 with 1800 miles on it for $4K . Which is a better bike and if given the choice what would you own ?
    I personaly would rather have the 750, because of availability of aftermarket add ons and upgrades. Not really a lot out there for the TL. I have ridden my buddies bikes ( 06 Gsxr 750, TL 1000, 04 Gsxr 1000, 03 R1, and a few different 600s ) and my next bike will definitely be the 750. It has more power than the 600s but not too much for street riding like the liter bikes. And dont be fooled by the 1000 cc's the TL has, because its power doesnt even compare to a 4 cylinder liter bike.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Thanks. Right now Im outfitting it with laser jammers and a radar detector. http://www.radarbusters.com/laser-ja...4293807542.cfm I may put some 2 brothers slip ons down the rode, but other than that I will leave it stock. I had a Busa a few years ago and had a single exhaust put on which I regretted. I also put a power commander on it which didnt really do much. So this time Im dropping that grand that a pipe would cost into some radar crap. Have you done much to your Gixxer?
    Haven't done any engine mods, only cosmetics, as I hope to be selling this one soon and upgrading to the new 750. Just in case you haven't seen them, check out these racefit exhausts. Don't know if they have one for the 14 yet but, they may have one soon. I have personally heard the slash cut pipe, and beleive me there aint a harley around that is as loud as that thing, especially at 12000 rpm

http://www.racefit.co.uk/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by brandonh View Post
    I have personally heard the slash cut pipe, and beleive me there aint a harley around that is as loud as that thing, especially at 12000 rpm

http://www.racefit.co.uk/index.htm

6500 rpm is enough..... At 12K is has to sound like a hornets nest.....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Just curious, why did you get rid of your Busa? Work got really slow when I had mine and I had to sell it. I put 8K down on the zx14 so that chit wont happen again. I dont see much difference between the 14 and the Busa, having driven them both. The Busa is a better looking bike than the 14 IMO, but I wantd to try something new. Do you like the 08 Busa's? They look quite different from the 07's. Do you still have your darg bike? Whats your fastest on that? As for the guiness record that must have been an older Busa as I have heard that now all bikes come with a limiter that shuts you down at 186 mph. Dont know if I will ever find out as you mentioned the road conditions have to be pretty good to get up to those speeds.
    got rid of the busa cause the roads aint long enough here, plus i traded it in on a triton tr 21 w/225 merc outboard

it goes 78 mph, 08 busa's i think are nice, yes i still have the drag bike, we just did nitrous jet flow testing

yesterday to get the nitrous jets pointed the perfect angle, motor should be fully assembled by next week

the record in the guiness book is for a 2000 busa (the last unrestricted year)

go to west palm beach fl. for a weekend, on sunday mornings they always top out at

pratt& whittney blvd. about 7:00 in the morning, the road is about 4 miles long its flat and no traffic

we use gps's and someone usually brings a police radar gun out there

they still go out there my buddy lives close to there, i havn't been there for about 3 years

I have a question for you crotch rocket guys . A good friend of mine is getting ready to buy a bike . He is in love with the GSXR 750's and has been pretty much focusing on getting one. Well he just found an '02 Suzuki TL1000 with 1800 miles on it for $4K . Which is a better bike and if given the choice what would you own ?
    i would tell him to get a gsxr 1000

thats a sweet bike

unless he just wants to get the mac daddy busa

the tl 1000 is great for wheelies, if you want to litteraly wheelie for miles the tl 1000 is your bike

but if i had to choose between the tl and a gsxr 750, i would get the tl, i like to wheelie

Jeeze..........[I] feel like I'm in some younger generation with all the out of town bikes.

1st I pick Airmechanical for largest huevos on site!!!!

I ride an 81 HD Sturgis eddition shovel. My wife rode a 84 Ironhead, droped the tranny and went out and bought a 03 1200. Sweet bike.
    i'm way beyond fast but I ride every chance.

About loud pipes... There is even in the HD community to tone it down. We'll see.
    Tracers work both ways.

Loud Pipes Save Lives !!!!!

Wow! Who could pass up a deal like that ?

"If I bought a motorcycle I would likely find myself without a spouse."

I'd buy two bikes - just to be on the safe side. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

My bikes are all old but I ride them a lot

Well, except for This summer. <g> I tend not to ride much in the summer heat anyway. I ride most when it is below 75 degrees out. And then all winter as long as there is no snow.

Somewhere I have a picture of my son and I (he was about nine then) pushing one of my GL-1000's out of a snow drift. We had set out that morning and it was 21 degrees. I had the full top on the sidecar for him. By the time we got home again that afternoon it was up to 34. <g>

It's funny seeing you guys talk about buying big bikes because you wouldn't be happy with a smaller bike.

My first street motorcycle was 1300 cc's. A 1939. I bought it in 1970. And I have been buying smaller bikes ever since. <g>

Last year I bought a 50 cc Tomos (although now it has a 72 cc kit and pipe and big carb on it <g>) and I have a 175 Honda coming along nicely.

My Bonneville is 790 cc's and right now I ride it the most but I've had the most fun on bikes in the 400 to 500 cc range.

Even my dirt bikes are 175 to 250 cc.

I keep eyeing those 250 Ninjas too. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

I would have to win the lotto and say to the wife when she got home "Guess what I bought today?" Nothing too gonzo - maybe a CB750F. A friend at work has 05 Road King that looks really nice...

I have two bikes. A 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200 the naked version. A great do it all bike for a bargain price. It is very comfortable and very fast. It handles better then it has a right to for what it is.

I also have a 2005 Buell XB12R Firebolt. The Buell isn’t as comfortable nor does it have the power of the Bandit. The handling of the Firebolt is simply incredible! On a twisty mountain road there is nothing that I would rather ride then my Firebolt. Being that I live about 25 minutes from the Tail of the Dragon the Buell gets ridden the most.
    -Marty

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast