Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    A Schwinn
    Mine's a Trek Multi-track 7200.

If I bought a motorcycle I would likely find myself without a spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryReferGuy View Post
    loud pipes saves lives !!

84 harley FLHT
    I couldn't agree more. I live outside of Charlotte in a small town Pretty safe to ride here. I definitely wouldn't take it to Charlotte.
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

83 Goldwing Aspencade. Loud pipes may save lives but do you have to turn the corner at my house and open it up and rattle the windows at 6:00 A.M in the village no less?
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trey r View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I live outside of Charlotte in a small town Pretty safe to ride here. I definitely wouldn't take it to Charlotte.
    I use to think this when I drank the Koolaid. It is just a excuse for having loud pipes. A way of saying "screw the neighbors" I am being safe. What it really is for is getting attention to the bike, saying I am a modern day cowboy, a trail blazer, a crusader, a Fonzy. The cemetery is full of all of them

Being safe would be looking at the chances of ending up as a pile of gooo verses not at 40 MPH airborne verses not. And I am speaking from experience.

I have been on many a poker run and night rides where the stops was bars and the beverage was beer. Everyone had loud pipes on the Harley's though. Everyone was covered.

Not wanting to start a controversy but loud pipes saves lives is a misconception. With the cars and even trucks of today with or without the radio on the db is wildly reduced in the interior. There are several articles about this on the web. I tend to agree.

Even in my Titan I can barley hear a bike in front of me much less coming towards.

Oh yeah.. 07 Dyna LowRider...(that's the wife's)

...and mine is an 06 FLHRE Road King with Screaming Eagle I pipes and tune kit.

I love loud pipes.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ducati or Velocette? Do not recognize it, but British bikes are a breed of their own. Do you have trouble getting parts?

Velo .....

actually, parts availibility is good ...

Quote Originally Posted by brandonh View Post
    nice bike slim woodie I ride a 03 gsxr 600
    belive it r not ...

thassa 500cc / 135 mph bike the key to that is 383#

Well if nothing else they sound good. I do agree they bother neighbors. I seldomly ride at night if I do I take it easy.
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

Roger that

We always take it easy around subdivisions especially our own.

Mine has the old Harley sound and is a little bit louder than the new SE II pipes (I have a set of them too) but not knowing for sure if loud pipes saves lives is real or not I prefer to err to the safe side.

BRRAAaaaaaaROOOOOMmmmmm

Have a friend that rides a 07 RK SEagle that's been modified (154 hp at the crank) now.. his pipes are loud.. real loud. He didn't realize just how loud they were until I grabbed it from him yesterday and left him in my driveway. I let him hear me (on his bike) about 3 miles away. When I got back he was in awe. "I didn't know it was that loud, oh my gosh"

Needless to say... my knees were shaking.... damn that is a fast bike.

Just had the same moron go blasting by my house again. Worst part about it, in one more mile he'd be out in the country and could do as he wants My Aspencade sounds like a sewing machine but it's hard to keep it under 60.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

1985 FLHT. Motor has a little work done to it, custom paint, no fairing or trunk - it looks like the newer Road Kings.

I'm on call this week, but the weather is so nice that there is nothing going on, so I was able to take it out for a short ride this afternoon.

I have flirted with the idea of getting a Motorcycle again. I had one 10 years ago for about a year, but got rid of it. I loved riding it, but riding a motorcycle in my area is crazy scary.
    The DFW metroplex is NOT a safe place to ride. Hell, friggin self absorbed retarded drivers drive like they don't see my damn service van, much less a motorcycle.

IMO, modern car interiors are TO quiet. You should be able to hear the traffic around you, and mechanical noises from the car. Some of these new cars, you can't even here emergency vehicles until they are right on you.

I like the wind and the noise, so 17 personal vehicle I have ever owned were convertibles, except the 3 that had sun roofs.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    Mine's a Trek Multi-track 7200.

If I bought a motorcycle I would likely find myself without a spouse.
    The reality of marriage is often that your mid life crisismobile has to have 4 wheels.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast