Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone here make there own BEER

I am going to start making my own beer once again, I was wondering if anyone wanted to share there favorite recipes. The last batch I made was using malted barley and malt from the local brew shop and it was the best I ever made ( Richards Red style ) but I cannot remember what the he*& type of barley or malt I used. I love all types of BREW.

The last batch I made years ago, I picked up the wort bucket with a washrag and accidentally squeezed some washrag water in before bottling. It had that washrag taste afterwards and I dubbed it "washrag ale".
    never say never

Washrag Ale AWESOME, Thats my next Batch. LOL. I bet that gives me the runs.

Yes I do Beer and wine just finished putting my birthday present together, Next week I will start a pumpkin ale for the fall time, than after that prolly some type of lager. The fridge is True T-12 that a customer said they didnt want it anymore because the front was scratched and there was money in the budget fr a new one, so for 25$ I picked up a new gasket and made this, Its a little dirty rigt now since we had a party last night to break her in. eventually it will hold 2 on tap and 1 in conditioning.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.
    Jerry Garcia

Thats one sweet looking setup Whale4, One day i hope to have a great beer fridge like that. Pumpkin Ale, love to give her a try. I have tried adding the baby shoots from spruce trees in the spring time and it gives it a nice flavour.

Years ago, a young lad came to me for refrigeration advice for this automatic beer maker he was inventing. He did make one working model and he sold it to someone in China. I don't know if he ever made another one. His girl friend moved out of town to go to law school. He moved out with her. . My life is never boring.

I have a second kitchen set up in the basement for brewing. I have a fridge down there that I converted to a kegerator and it currently has the capacity for 3 beers to be on tap. It is possible to have up to 6.

My personal favorite is a wheat beer made with tettnang hops and trappist ale yeast. I use a buttload of malt to get it up to about 12% alcohol and serve it icy cold on hot summer days.

Smile

Truly sounds like an awesome brew, I have a local brew store here that sells hops and all different types of malted barleys and malt extracts, this is going to be my next big thing this winter is to setup a good brew center in my basement.

If you can get some Unibroue Maudite from Quebec, this beer tastes similar to the one I make. The Trappist ale yeast can tolerate higher alcohol concentrations without sterilizing itself. I usually ad 20% corn sugar to each beer to up the alcohol content and keep the price lower. Anything less then 20% is hard to taste the difference from using malt.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by dave and julie View Post
    If you can get some Unibroue Maudite from Quebec, this beer tastes similar to the one I make. The Trappist ale yeast can tolerate higher alcohol concentrations without sterilizing itself. I usually ad 20% corn sugar to each beer to up the alcohol content and keep the price lower. Anything less then 20% is hard to taste the difference from using malt.
    What do you mean you add 20% CS after secondary? What price? are you sselling your brew or price to make?
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.
    Jerry Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by dave and julie View Post
    I have a second kitchen set up in the basement for brewing. I have a fridge down there that I converted to a kegerator and it currently has the capacity for 3 beers to be on tap. It is possible to have up to 6.

My personal favorite is a wheat beer made with tettnang hops and trappist ale yeast. I use a buttload of malt to get it up to about 12% alcohol and serve it icy cold on hot summer days.
    Geez, Dave, I keep asking when you are going to have the HVAC-Talk convention out were you live. (I don't even know were you live.). But for some reason you seem to be avoiding the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Whale4 View Post
    What do you mean you add 20% CS after secondary? What price? are you sselling your brew or price to make?
    Price for me to make, it's illegal to sell home brew but I could probably trade it for something... Anyway, I put the corn sugar in the boil with the rest of the wort. Malt costs about 3 times what corn sugar does so if you replace 20% of your recipie with it you can save a couple bucks per batch. It can also lighten up the flavor a little bit. You can also use rice sugars and other fillers just like the big brewers do since cost is one of their biggest concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Geez, Dave, I keep asking when you are going to have the HVAC-Talk convention out were you live. (I don't even know were you live.). But for some reason you seem to be avoiding the question.
    I'm not in the HVAC trade, though if I am reincarnated I'll give it a try next. I do offer homebrew to anybody working in or on my house, after they finish the job though. I live near Detroit.

Thumbs up Local Beer guy's

I work on one of these guy's homes and he gave me tickets to Baseball game last week, great idea's. I have been invited to sample Saturday , but had gone to Car show instead.

They have weekend sample party's .

http://www.rahrbrewing.com/beer.html
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast