Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet1508 View Post
    I get the impression that this maybe this JCI's project manager first NAE Job. (Or he is playing stupid) When I pushed the issue as suggested about the object count. He wanted to know what problems are caused by going over so much on object counts. Can someone educate me on what are some of the the negative symptoms of going over object counts. He said he would check with tech support and get back to me. Of course he hasn't gotten back with me. But, in the mean time I would like to ready for his fabricated excuse of why object count is not a big problem.
    Poor/Slow performance. Lock ups. Mystery NAE reboots. Unreliable points, cronic online/offline devices. Processes/Schedules not executing properly. Basically a nightmare in a box. Its Not that they work that great when they are "OK" either.

The NAE is a very dependable and excellent product if you know it's limits.
    You have to consider it is basically a pentium 1 or 2 processor I do not remember with just onboard flash memory. Object count is basically the number of items in it's memory. This could be points mapped for devices, interlocks, lct programming anything that is in it's memory. Some items take up more than others especially lct. If the project is engineered and programmed right everything should be ok. You can have a higher object count if you are using less memory for processes or cpu usage but if all are high you are looking for trouble.
    Look for the following

too many points mapped probably some you do not need to see
    too much logic but since is a school I think probably not
    too many schedules
    Graphics which if not set up and alias right is huge hog of memory and count

Setting up an NAE if you know what to do is easy and they work great working on a project myself right now with 10 of this model on it.

I forgot to ask. Do you know if this is the new Bacnet product or old N2 because if it is Bacnet their is a couple other possible problems that could cause some of these issues not even related to the NAE.

4. You're clueless freddy. Give it up. You lose.

Quote Originally Posted by x wrenchturner View Post
    You're clueless freddy. Give it up. You lose.
    WTF are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    WTF are you talking about?
    Don't stress Freddy, I feel this new incarnation will be gone soon.

Halrey, is that you?

TP?
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Dave,
    They are using all old N2 controllers. I think your right about the person doing the program he is a 20 year old kid and he admitted this is his first NAE that he has programmed and JCI has never sent him to any NAE training. So Basically he is learning on my job. Taking god sake for ever to finish. But I can't get my boss to get off his lazy ass and put pressure on them from the administrative side. Which really pisses me off almost as bad as JCI taking so long too finish and practicing on my project.

Red face Please Help !! Jci Still Will Not Install The 2nd Nea55 & Ads/adx

PLEASE HELP JCI STILL WILL NOT INSTALL THE 2ND NEA55 & ADS/ADX.

Feddy-B you mentioned calling corporate. Do you or anyone else on this site no a name and phone number to someone from corporate who would care about this and make the local branch do what is right for the customer. I am running out of time.
    Quote from JCI Project Manager:
    I am still looking into the NAE55 issue, we may not need a new device. If you recall my 1st post he has been stalling since 8/31/07
    Attached Images Attached Images

The local branch guys have to give it to you if you ask. But here is the link to website contact info. http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publi...n/contact.html

Choose "corporate" in the drop down box, be polite, very descriptive but at the same time remain firm. They should get back to you in a reasonable time frame.

Send the exact same message to "Building Efficiency" as well and tell each one you did so.

The person that replies back to you may not be who you actually need to speak with, but they will make sure you get to the right place.

Freddy

Freddy b wonders why i don't post here often.

Well here goes.

Chet I get the feeling you are tilting at windmills like Don Quixote.

I wonder how far along in life you are.

Instead of a life raft maybe it would be better to learn to swim.

Sometimes it's better to stand back and let the crap hit the fan. You could find yourself the hero or the heel.

Enough of the platitudes, I digress.

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

I think he is just flustrated. He just wants to get what he paid for and what was spec'd. Would you be any different?

Freddy

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    I think he is just flustrated. He just wants to get what he paid for and what was spec'd. Would you be any different?

Freddy

Just a thought from an end user.

Nothing wrong with that.
    I just wonder where in the pecking order Chet is?
    Why should it be his problem?
    Did he volunteer? Will there be something extra in his paycheck Friday?
    I get the impression he wasn't involved from the get go.

He could be labeled an Alarmist by his targets. Rotten E-mails behind the back if you know what I mean. His target is JCI but you can bet JCI has their counter parts that are in that school system. Guilt spread by association if you catch my drift.

After all if he is in the educational establishment, he is operating in one highly politically charged environment.

Freddy you might as well know i don't like to throw insults around and I try to avoid negativity. But I have to wonder could this be a case of Glory Hounding?

What say you Chet? Set the Beagle straight.
    Last edited by Snoring Beagle; 10-28-2007 at 07:47 AM.

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

Chet here is the number for the sales manager for the region. This is at least a starting point.

Central Region Michael D <removed>
    Last edited by jrbenny; 10-28-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: removed phone number and email

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast