JCI Expert Needed for questions: MS-NAE5521-1
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

JCI Expert Needed for questions: MS-NAE5521-1

The MS-NEA5521-1 shows seveal problems:

1) The Genral Fault "RED" light is on
    2) Flash Usage is at 236 %
    3) Estimated Flash Available is at -5.4 megabytes
    4)Several alarms that state Status Does Not Match Command

I need some one to tell me what all this data means and what are the answers for each item listed. Please see attached for details

Thankyou in advance, Chet
    Attached Images Attached Images

The unbound references are bad news, they need to be taken care of first then see what happens your flash issues.

The intrisic alarm feature for the command/status mismatch has never worked right from the beginning. Create interlocks for the workaround.

Basically it looks like you have 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag.

as freddy-b said
    Last edited by HalreyAl; 08-31-2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: deleted additional comments due to 'Expert' status request

Hiya Chet,

I think you may need to reboot the NAE a couple times a day. This takes care it every time.

This is what tech support always tell me to do.

real-Thank God for cell phones and tech support. It gets pretty tough out there for me too being kinda newbie.

It looks like you need a second NAE and a ADS/ADX server. Point count is

very high, and you must have alot of graphics in the NAE. It is way

overloaded. This is a good example of what happens when you go cheap.

There is noway this could have been engineered and spec'd by Jci.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBlue View Post

Please pay no attention to IndyBlue.
    He is just here to give JCI a black eye by claiming to be something that he is not.

IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Freddy-b hit the nail on the head. You have almost doubled the documented object capacity for an NAE55. 5000 Objects is the upper limit stated in the documentation. There is nothing preventing you from exceeding this limit due to the fact that different objects take up different amounts of memory so there is a bit of wiggle room, but the 9400+ objects you have is far to high.

FYI even a line in LCT adds to the object count, but it is not going to take the same amount of memory that an AI Object does.

Memory can quickly disappear if you have numerous trends running with a high number of samples. As soon as you create a trend and the samples the memory is automatically allocated to store the data. If you do exceed the memery like you have you will notice objects just seem to disappear.

You need another NAE55, and I would recommend a server.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBlue View Post

Are you blind, completely stupid, or maybe your not paying attention (to busy checking stocks). In fact this project was engineered and installed (partially anyway) by a JCI branch office.

Listen to x-wrenchturner. IndyBlue knows very little, only what he can absorb from marketing brochures and case studies. There are plenty of other people like x-wrenchturner, freddy-b, or HalrayAl that know Metasys.

Indy is a troll who offers useless advice and little help.........

Exclamation I Need Help With JCI ASAP

This is a JCI Branch Designed and still in the process of installing. Thats one of the biggest concerns I have . Who can I get a hold of that can review this information and the site if needed to make a branch office of JCI to fix their screw up. The whole branch management team have been difficult to deal with since day one. So I know that won't do any good. Can I email this Info to Milwaukee and expect them to make the local branch to fix their mistakes, Or will they protect one of their own offices and not help? Or can I hire someone that can look over the whole installation who has the Power/Authority to provide me the information to show the site mechanical/Control engineers that JCI has screwed up and needs to install more hardware for this project. The next problem is I have to make this all happen by this coming Wednesday before what is suppose to be the last Punch list meeting. Please continue to send hopeful information.
    Thanks again, Chet

My dear colleague, making false claims like his are absurd. Johnson Controls, Inc. offers the finest facilities management systems engineering and installation in the world.

This is probably a case of under requirement by the project design team, not JCI.

Coleman Carter

Hey Chet,

Since these J-- Offs want to see who can pee the furthest because there the greatest control guy ever and not offer any sound advice, ill try to give you some.

Your flash usage is extremely high and needs to be reduced below 100%.

1st: If you have alot of VMA's on the bus's, try deleting all the resource files for starters if you have all the points mapped. These files are large and can eat up flash real fast. With that said delete all resource files if they are not needed.

2nd: If you have alot of graphics try to reduce some by aliasing. Also if the backround images are large in size try using a different format. svg is recomended.

3rd: If your trending alot of points try reducing to only whats needed.

If your flash usage is still high after trying the above listed you may need a second NAE or a ADS server.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet1508 View Post
    ... provide me the information to show the site mechanical/Control engineers that JCI has screwed up and needs to install more hardware for this project.

See page nine for documented public info of device and object limitations.

Hope this helps.

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...DF/1201160.pdf

IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast