Who makes the best FILTERS for FURNACES

I would like to buy the TOP OF THE LINE FILTERS for my FURNACE, can anyone tell me who makes the best filters?

What I have is a 2" inch thick filter that I use. I would still use this type but am looking for one that works more efficiently. I do understand the thicker the filter the better it is. But without changing anything I would like to stay with size, I am using the MERV 8 is there any better one?

Lennox Pure Air is the best!!

If you don't want to change your equipment, the best you can readily get is MERV 11 filters. The website http://www.iaqsource.com sells them at reasonable prices. If you have an odd size requirment, they can custom make them but you will need to buy them a dozen at a time. There are other companies that make them as well, but I have not personally dealt with any of them. If you want to upgrade your system, look at the Carrier Infinity.

Interesting as my parents have a 20 yr old Honeywell EAC --> do companies make media or custom media to fit into the EAC return grill--as hopefully someday soon they remove the unit. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seanth View Post
    If you don't want to change your equipment, the best you can readily get is MERV 11 filters. The website http://www.iaqsource.com sells them at reasonable prices. If you have an odd size requirment, they can custom make them but you will need to buy them a dozen at a time. There are other companies that make them as well, but I have not personally dealt with any of them. If you want to upgrade your system, look at the Carrier Infinity.