Thread: Evaporator Motor Problem

Post Likes

Evaporator Motor Problem

Hi Everybody,
    I'm A Newbie Tech. I Have A Few Questions. First, A Found A Home Ac That The Capacity Is A 2.5 Tons Condenser With A 3 Tons Evaporator, Is This Affect The Ac Performence Or In Something?

Second, This Unit Its Look Like The Evaporator Fan Doesn't Have Strong Power, Are This Is A Motor Problem Or Capacitor And How A Can Test This For This Specific Problem. Thanks.

Post Likes
    This would be answered in the pro section. With only one post I doubt you can get access to that section . Sorry. This would be a DIY question. So no answers.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    2.5 ton outdoor unit with a 3 ton evaporator is common.You need to look at the mfr. specs or www.ari.org to see if it's an approved match.

What do you mean by " Evaporator Fan Doesn't Have Strong Power",based on what??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ASL View Post
    Hi Everybody,
    I'm A Newbie Tech. I Have A Few Questions. First, A Found A Home Ac That The Capacity Is A 2.5 Tons Condenser With A 3 Tons Evaporator, Is This Affect The Ac Performence Or In Something?
    Yes, it can improve performance but it may not improve comfort.

Second, This Unit Its Look Like The Evaporator Fan Doesn't Have Strong Power, Are This Is A Motor Problem Or Capacitor And How A Can Test This For This Specific Problem. Thanks.
    An amp meter, a Magnehelic gauge and the manufacture's data for this unit would probably be the best tools to test this unit.

Jabs

Post Likes
    dangling wrangler, LIKE A SAID I'M NEWBIE AC TECH. (NO EXPERIENCE).

Dash, Thanks for your answer. The unit that I'm cheking its not cooling enough so I found a dirty coil, I can fix that, but when I open the unit I feel that the blower its not blowing strong, how I can test this motor, reading the amps? the capacitor can make this problem to happen?

Post Likes

Dash, Thanks for your answer. The unit that I'm cheking its not cooling enough so I found a dirty coil, I can fix that, but when I open the unit I feel that the blower its not blowing strong, how I can test this motor, reading the amps? the capacitor can make this problem to happen?

Do you have a boss? A supervisor, or are you floundering around on your own?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Like you said; NO EXPERIENCE. Not giving you a hard time ,but you really should be working under an experienced tech before you go out on your own. Hope you last in this trade. Good Luck

Post Likes
    dangling wrangler, I'm asking some question here and I guess this is the correct forum, it does not matter if I'm new or old Tech. Thanks for you help anyway and good luck to you to.

Post Likes
    dangling wrangler, I'm asking some question here and I guess this is the correct forum, it does not matter if I'm new or old Tech. Thanks for you help anyway and good luck to you to.
    Sorry I can't be of any help to you.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes

Newbie tech,

Did you attend a Vo-Tech ,on the job training??

Where are you employed,contractor,apartment complex,etc.??

Isn't there someone at work to ask??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in