Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are teardown guides for all centrifugal chillers, but they are supposed to be controlled documents. If you are asking for a teardown guide and think that’s it, go get some quotes from chiller repair groups in your area. The amount of rigging and tools that are required will far outweigh the savings. I’ve seen the results of inexperience, dropped compressors and personnel hurt. If you are curious, hire someone and request to assist them. It will be a learning experience, seeing what is involved.

Just my opinion, good luck with your decision.

Good information. I appreciate your response. I might have lucked out and found a copy of the document.
    Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    There are teardown guides for all centrifugal chillers, but they are supposed to be controlled documents. If you are asking for a teardown guide and think that’s it, go get some quotes from chiller repair groups in your area. The amount of rigging and tools that are required will far outweigh the savings. I’ve seen the results of inexperience, dropped compressors and personnel hurt. If you are curious, hire someone and request to assist them. It will be a learning experience, seeing what is involved.

Just my opinion, good luck with your decision.

I think I may have some stuff on a DG somewhere. There was a time when a good chiller mechanic really only needed the fits and clearances. Carriers have a little tricky math to them and
    some fairly specific (expensive) measuring tools. Sure there are some procedures too that would
    be helpful to know but if you've been into one or two then you know. Best to have a tear down/ build sheet though so you know what you're starting with and in the end wind up with and feel good about hitting the go button! Hope you find what you need and have that good feeling about the go button!
    Superheat, that must be REALLY hot.

Expensive measuring tools. They supply you with the plastigauge when you buy bearing kit lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12