Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I live in NJ. Also, I am not talking about price (this place seems to be crazy about prices, and for what reason I have no idea) I am simply asking if the guy who is telling me he wants to add a 4" media filter in place of my current 1" and adding an air purifier makes any sense. I understand that two of the guys want to move my evap coil from the rear to the front. I am just wondering if it makes sense for these things.

My fault, I was looking at someone else's address. I like the 4" filter idea. I don't understand what is meant by moving the coil from the rear to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by George2 View Post
    My fault, I was looking at someone else's address. I like the 4" filter idea. I don't understand what is meant by moving the coil from the rear to the front.
    The coil as it stands, sits behind and to the right of the furnace. They want to move it up front for easier access etc. What is the advantage of a 4" filter? They said I only need to change it once a year? Also what are your thoughts on adding an air purifier?

Quote Originally Posted by meadowlands View Post
    The coil as it stands, sits behind and to the right of the furnace. They want to move it up front for easier access etc. What is the advantage of a 4" filter? They said I only need to change it once a year? Also what are your thoughts on adding an air purifier?
    I still can not picture what you're trying to describe regarding the coil. It sounds like the furnace is in the horizontal position, is my only guess. The 4" filter is more efficient, allows more airflow and requires less maintenance. I'm not big on UV lights (air purifiers) if that is what they are trying to sell you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234