Intermittent Heating Issues

I have a heil 2 ton heat pump system. Over the past month I have had my system not produce any heat when turning it on. After turning it off for about 10 minutes and back on again...poof!!! HEAT!!!

The heat pump was off the whole day. I arrive home at 7pm. Outside temperature each time was in the low 40s dropping to 30s. I turn the heat on, wait.....and hour later no heat, two hours later no heat. So I turn the unit off, wait 10 minutes and turn it back on. BAM!!! Heat! I have already had the capacitor replaced this summer as a precautionary measure. It is a dual run capacitor. I would like some suggestions to what else may cause such a situation.

Does the compressor & outdoor fan turn on with a call for heat?

[QUOTE=bobster;17482171]Does the compressor & outdoor fan turn on with a call for heat?[/QUOTE

With the initial call for heat, the fan outside does turn on, the compressor is louder than normal when this occurs. After the system is shut down for 10 or so minutes and turned back on, the heat works perfect, compressor noise is standard (i.e like it should be).

How cold is it in the house when you turn it on and get no heat.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The house is usually around 66 to 68. Heat gets turned on thermostat set to 72

Instead of turning the thermostat off. Try setting the temp to 60. And see if it works when you come home.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?