+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veto tool bags

Post Likes
    OK what's up with the glowing handles? Is it an aftermarket spray?

I am actually interested in this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    most the time i can just grab what i need out of a veto without even looking
    This is what sold me on the veto's

I'll have to show my secretary (wife) your post jp.
    She is the one who called it in. The last time I had an issue, she called in and they just sent a new one (not the same tech lc). Swapped out the tools and that was it.
    After talking to her, I thought they changed that.
    I'll show her now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    OK what's up with the glowing handles? Is it an aftermarket spray?

I am actually interested in this.
    http://toolguyd.com/klein-glow-in-the-dark-pliers/ its a new line of klein tools, I need a set for crawls... I'm always searching for stuff with my flashlight.

Post Likes
    So what is with the cameo pliers, does any one buy them. I have enough trouble finding my yellow handle Ideals.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    http://toolguyd.com/klein-glow-in-the-dark-pliers/ its a new line of klein tools, I need a set for crawls... I'm always searching for stuff with my flashlight.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    So what is with the cameo pliers, does any one buy them. I have enough trouble finding my yellow handle Ideals.
    I've got the red white and blue. 9" linemans. Had the choice of camo, or USA and I couldn't see finding the camos in the dirt, leaves, grass etc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    This is what sold me on the veto's

I'll have to show my secretary (wife) your post jp.
    She is the one who called it in. The last time I had an issue, she called in and they just sent a new one (not the same tech lc). Swapped out the tools and that was it.
    After talking to her, I thought they changed that.
    I'll show her now

I've actually been down this road twice with Veto.

I'm somewhat disappointed with their zippers. Second return trip to repair zippers. This time, the bag is back and the zips still aren't what I'd call right.

My bag was purchased 3 years and two days ago. They've still got quite a bit of warranty to deal with me through and I won't let them off by so much as a day...

Post Likes
    Forgot to mention that I have an extra XL bag .....I'm giving it to my ..son.
    That ought to get me some free dinners.

Post Likes
    I also have 3 bags; two xl bags and the new lc tech bag
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    I have discovered that the canvas bags sold by Trader Joes work well for about three bucks.

Post Likes
    So far, I am in love with the veto backpack.

Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Used clc open bags for a few years, got tired of buying new every 8 months. Got the Tech LC, like it so far, it is obviously better built. Getting used to tool layout. Got to have everything organized, tried a dump in bag once, cost me about $300 bucks every couple of months for lost tools. Used a breifcase for several years, liked the organization, no lost tools. Just not as easy to carry as a bag. Working for myself, climbing too much for a breifcase. Going to try the meter bag, as I miss the plastic container on the bottom of the CLC.
    Nos operor non pensio volutabrum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by double bogey View Post
    Used clc open bags for a few years, got tired of buying new every 8 months. Got the Tech LC, like it so far, it is obviously better built. Getting used to tool layout. Got to have everything organized, tried a dump in bag once, cost me about $300 bucks every couple of months for lost tools. Used a breifcase for several years, liked the organization, no lost tools. Just not as easy to carry as a bag. Working for myself, climbing too much for a breifcase. Going to try the meter bag, as I miss the plastic container on the bottom of the CLC.
    For a meter bag I would go with the tp4. I really like the tp3 but it's just a little too small. The tp4 should be perfect.

Post Likes
    I just bought a OT-LC bag for install work. I found it to be a little small for what I use to keep in my bag. I use to keep a lot of misc stuff like clamps, screws, stuff the boss use to harp on about why I didn't have it with me ect ect. I cut back on a lot of that stuff and have been using the back for maybe 3 days or so. I use to go through a husky bag a year if that! A co worker got a veto tech LC and loves it so I decided to start with the install bag and go from there. I love my new veto. It keeps your tools organized and easy to get stuff out of. I love the warranty that they offer. Who else gives you a warranty like that? If my bag lasts 6 years then it has paid for its self since I use to go through tool bags once a year.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Hopefully it won't do this to you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Girls

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahoreferman View Post
    I was thinking about getting one of these tool bags but seem expensive. Doses any body have one
    I have the tech LC and I just picked up the backpack. I like the lifting hook on the backpack so it can be pulled up to the roof rather than trying to fit it through a roof hatch along with yourself. I was able to fit everything that I had in the tech LC and then some. Only problem is it gets heavy real quick but it beats going back to the truck.

Post Likes
    I had both the XL and the LC. I loved the bags but the zippers pooped the bed on both bags within a year. Roughly $400 and two bags later my tools are stuffed in a cheap $20 bag. They're nice but the zippers didnt seem to want to hold up to my environments.

Post Likes
    I Have been using a Tech LC for about a year and it is hands down the best bag I have used. I now also have a Pro Pac. It is a lot easier to haul up a ladder than a shoulder bag, but I don't like working out of it as much due to the shape, narrower and taller. So I decided to out fit both bags, the Pro Pac goes to the roof and the LC stays on the ground.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Armament View Post
    I had both the XL and the LC. I loved the bags but the zippers pooped the bed on both bags within a year. Roughly $400 and two bags later my tools are stuffed in a cheap $20 bag. They're nice but the zippers didnt seem to want to hold up to my environments.

Two things:

1. Call Veto. If you've registered the bags and they are still under 5 years old, they'll fix 'em. Period.

2. Keep the zips lubricated and don't over-stuff the bags. That is the biggest cause of zipper failure that I've seen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Two things:

1. Call Veto. If you've registered the bags and they are still under 5 years old, they'll fix 'em. Period.

2. Keep the zips lubricated and don't over-stuff the bags. That is the biggest cause of zipper failure that I've seen.
    I bought them both from suppliers. I didn't register them. Good call on the lube. Over filling I can definitely see. I've heard they're good on warranty. I think the XL got turfed. I still have the LC.

Post Likes
    I use a Veto as the back-up carry all
    recommend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in