Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Job sites

not a job site,but this one list all the companies on the BLUE BOOK as contractors ....cold calls may be a foot in or just bag out resumes to the ones you call that show interest.... http://www.thebluebook.com/search.ht...r+conditioning might hit with a SM lacking guys or frustrated with the ones he has..never know...good luck
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

Thanks maxster.cheers

I've started welding in school also.

Thanks toocoolforschool. I've done the pounding the pavement thing and I was told by a lot of companies, that I have to go fill everything out online. They don't accept applications or resumes in person anymore. I've also faxed some resumes and had them sent back, with a letter saying they can't accept it by fax and to go on their website.

I ment BANG out the resumes to them...also try to get a name if you do mail them in connecting with the service manager is the best chance....BUT no office mgrs. or sect.or dispatchers non technical people.....owners even better if it is a small company.if they ask where did you hear about use tell them I got your info off Blue Book...they might bite with young guy with the sense to search there!!old school here saw your no paper resumes or fax most have career ops on their sites...
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

You might want to try Daikin or Trane, they're both non-Union in Chicago. That means no waiting to get into the Hall. Check out their websites. Sometimes they both hire for entry level.

Thank you MechTech2013.

Damn! I'm glad I don't have to go into the job market. All we did in my day was go to the hall, and the BA gave us a dispatch slip to a company. You went to the shop, filled out some payroll stuff, they issued you your tools and truck and sent you to work. If you quit or got canned, you went back to the hall and went on the "out of work" list. No resumes, or any of that stuff. They might ask you what your capabilities, but that was it.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Honeywell and JC, even Daikin and Trane (including their Union branches) post Mechanical positions on line. The ads make little mention of the Union, maybe something like "must be a member of Local _____ or willing to join."

Try HVAC Agent
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12