Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Bus tour sounds GREAT Spotts! And to see the place they filmed 'The Shining' would be kinda interesting in a twisted way... creepy movie IMO.

I kinda like the idea of staying in the mountains for a day or two if that would work out. My suggestion: The place we stay needs a pool and a hot tub! The 'Rocky Mountain High' experience is just not a good thing w/out a hot tub...

I remember a ski trip when I was in my 20's: Ski all day, then sit in the hot tub in the evening with a bottle of wine... and when it got too hot, get out and jump in the snow ... not sure if I could (or would) do that now-a-days, but it was fun back when the body would handle that abuse...

Looking forward to next year Spotts, anything I can do to be of assistance please let me know (email is in profile).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The Shining was a great book. The movie was disappointing and Shelly Duvall looks like Olive Oyl.

R2B4BTU

The host of the convention knows his/her area better then anyone else and should not be nervous about guiding the group in whatever manner he/she feels is best.

The free time on Saturday has been great for 4 conventions. That does not mean it has to be the standard for every convention. This is the beauty of having the convention hosted in an area that a member lives in. The host has the option to do with us what he/she feels is best for drinking and sometimes a bit rowdy good time people.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Just keep in mind on the 2 hour booze bus ride that at 12000 ft it is hard to keep your breath when you are sober. Feel those muscles burn.
    Read, read, read!

I would definately come to a convention in Colorado.

It's kinda hard to get to the eastern side of this vast country for a weekend, but according to the pics I saw, that might even be worth it.

Bring it to Colorado and I promise to bring about 30 of the coolest people in the Rockies.

If you're travelling a long ways to a Colorado convention, I'd suggest taking a day or two afterwards to check out Colorado Springs..... Kinda touristy .. but is beautiful with lots to see and do like:

Drive to the top of Pikes Peak (14,208 feet!) or take the Cog Railway to the top.
    The Garden of the Gods is beautiful and unique.
    Tour the Air Force Academy
    Lots of other stuff... just google Colorado Springs and check it out.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Quote Originally Posted by sarge View Post
    Just keep in mind on the 2 hour booze bus ride that at 12000 ft it is hard to keep your breath when you are sober. Feel those muscles burn.
    You mean we will have to drink in order to breathe ?

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    You mean we will have to drink in order to breathe ?

ok... twist my arm a bit
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Colorado 2008

This is Matt's HOT Italian Wife, What month in 2008 ? We were going to bring the kid's and rent a RV and go site seeing on the way. Something we've always talk about doing. Also my Aunt and Uncle live in the bay area of California. Matt and I have been there once in 1992 on a plane. We have always wanted to take the kids out there they have never been.

By the way Spott's you have exactly 10 months to get an RV hook up installed for when we pull up...

Colorado sounds doable from up here in B.C., just a two hour plane flight. Lets get on Collin and Penquin to join in too.
    GO GREEN HEAT

I could see taking the camper, no way can I carry as much beer as I need onto the plane.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    I could see taking the camper, no way can I carry as much beer as I need onto the plane.

These Canadian are tough!!!!! Collin we do sell beer here in the States you know. You can even buy CANADIAN beer here in the US you know. And maybe some one might even bring some moonshine, which will knock you on your kister.

I laugh at your girlie American beer.

But your Southern moonshine scares me.

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast