Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 89
  1. #53
    Make sure to post pictures of the passed out people who find out too late. That it takes about half as much booze (until acclimated) to get stumbling stupid up high as it does down low.

    Hopefully a good laugh is all we get. And not something regrettable.

    Don't want to sound like a Doom profit.
    But I have seen bad things happen to people in the high country, to people in alot better shape and younger than most of us.

    Freddy

  2. #54
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Make sure to post pictures of the passed out people who find out too late. That it takes about half as much booze (until acclimated) to get stumbling stupid up high as it does down low.

    Hopefully a good laugh is all we get. And not something regrettable.

    Don't want to sound like a Doom profit.
    But I have seen bad things happen to people in the high country, to people in alot better shape and younger than most of us.

    Freddy
    Freddy we are talking about trained professionals here. I know, myself, I only have maybe one SHORT beer after the seminar.

  3. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Freddy we are talking about trained professionals here. I know, myself, I only have maybe one SHORT beer after the seminar.
    umm OK, Good for you! I hope all the Hvac "Trained Professionals" all Share your Master Jedi logic. Or do you just wave your hand as you say that to everyone sitting at the bar?
    Give me a break with the almighty attitude!

    20% to 30% of you will be affected even if you dont drink a drop.

    Here Bencool, here are some other "trained profesionals" on the subject.

    http://www.summitcove.com/area-info/...e-sickness.php
    http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH...339/28052.html
    http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/aha_altsick_sma.htm
    Last edited by freddy-b; 02-24-2008 at 10:57 AM.

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    4,804
    Gosh Benncool I dont know how you handle it after the hours of intensive training on fluid dynamics and thermodynamics. Geez I'm too wore out to even consider a beer
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold.calm
    Posts
    5,587
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post

    20% to 30% of you will be affected even if you dont drink a drop.

    I resemble that remark




    Freddy-b
    I challenge you to attend and be the official observer. Then give a detailed report on your observations.

  6. #58
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Colorado flatland native
    Posts
    15,067
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    umm OK, Good for you! I hope all the Hvac "Trained Professionals" all Share your Master Jedi logic. Or do you just wave your hand as you say that to everyone sitting at the bar?
    Give me a break with the almighty attitude!

    20% to 30% of you will be affected even if you dont drink a drop.

    Well that just dumb. Thats why people who come to Colorado to go skiing always die.....
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

  7. #59
    Die! unlikely but thats not the point! Do some research. Taking people from sealevel to 8000+ft within a short period is documented.

    Hey whatever floats your boat! Party on dudes! Maybe that guy with the "treats" from canada will slip some by the Dogs! And you can go parasailing with out a sail.Maybe get them on the Colorado too without vest. I personally dont give a sh*t.

    Morons!

  8. #60

    For those of you with common sense!


  9. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    umm OK, Good for you! I hope all the Hvac Here Bencool, here are some other "trained profesionals" on the subject.

    http://www.summitcove.com/area-info/...e-sickness.php
    http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH...339/28052.html
    http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/aha_altsick_sma.htm

    I am going to start training in May....I figure if I drink beer with a plastic bag on my head, I should be in good shape by August.
    It's Time To Be Nice To People

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    34.8n 102.4w
    Posts
    3,244

    Cave man...

    Well, gee.... aren't you just a little dramatic...

    Elevation: 4324 feet

    We're not all going to die....... at least not on this trip....

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    4,804
    Cheers freddy. Just popped a top hope I can handle it
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

  12. #64
    Ft.Morgan wont be a issue! Drinking will be the only thing there to do to kill the boredom unless you find the high plains void appealing.

    Its the Above tree line beer bong fest referenced for the the "Site seeing" excursion.

    Whatever! Sorry to give you info on something that may cause harm to you and your family. How dare I!

    Anyway,
    Get Drunk and Stoned and climb up mountains at 14,000ft

    Have Fun

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    34.8n 102.4w
    Posts
    3,244
    We're not called Professionals for nothing....







    But seriously, thanks for your concern.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event