Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sys, you are good!

In a serials of Tom's articles, he recommended REPLACING PID CONTROL WITH INTELLIGENT ITERATIVE CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    I think Tom's theories are more suited to an Iterative control structure and not the industry-standard PID structure.

Perhaps - but the overlying concept is the same, iterative simply means a task will take small corrective steps instead riding a corrective ramp of response.

I'm still not sure how this global melting pot of data in and data out (the "System") translates into an actual "if,then,else" sequence of operations.

I'm all ears though...

Nikko

Nikko,

That bothers me too. I will revisit what I've read and try to put all puzzles together again. Good to have someone to discuss with along the road!

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    Perhaps - but the overlying concept is the same, iterative simply means a task will take small corrective steps instead riding a corrective ramp of response.

I'm still not sure how this global melting pot of data in and data out (the "System") translates into an actual "if,then,else" sequence of operations.

I'm all ears though...

Nikko

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123