Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Gree makes Trane I've been told, at least on conventional minis.

Last summer, we called Panasonic's tech support. Lady that answered said all reps in a meeting, no one could help us. Nobody called us back either. Luckily we figured it out on our own, fan blade loose on the shaft causing high head lockout. But that was enough to keep me from selling another Panasonic.
    I remember looking at Trane's VRF specs and they were identical to someone elses, Panasonic stuck out in my mind for some reason. You guys hear about the JCI/Panasonic merger, wonder how that's going to work out.

Also, it helps to know what kind of projects you're doing. A VRV/VRF system application is drastically different (Heat pump v. Heat Recovery, 2 pipe v. 3 pipe) than a one/one heat pump application.

The best resource I've found on the VRF topic is the ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Systems and Equipment- VRF chapter

I was curious about the Trane too just because there was one at the front door when I walked into the supply house. I could elaborate a little more on the Fujitsu for you. The serviceability on them is very easy. All the boards have easy step by step trouble shooting guide and installs are pretty much the same, min. max. line sets, max rise between indoor units and in/out. The condensers are precharged enough to handle most of installs out there. ( at least in my light commercial / res. applications ). In our area we have yearly classes to go over the changes and a refresher. ( which is good for NATE sert.) - bonus. All in total great support easy install and minimal issues if you follow install directions.

Have had many problems with fujitsu. Control boards and condenser fan motor boards. warranty parts were hard to come by also. Only worked on 2-5 year old fujitsu, but parts were hard to come by also and expensive.(7-10days from a distributor). The problem is there is a big market for I.T rooms that need cooling now, even when it is below 0.have serviced many of ductlessplit brands and found carrier and Emi to work best. Have had I.t rooms at 85 degrees just because of a failed board or SENSOR. Have had minimal problems with Emi and carrier.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Trane minisplits are rebadged Gree (Chinese), and their VRF is rebadged Samsung (Korean). JCI teamed up with Sanyo (now Panasonic) years ago to offer Sanyo's rebadged Eco-i VRF series as their own, but never really sold many or any. JCI just recently entered a global joint venture with Hitachi for the sole purpose of having "their own" VRF technology. Oh, and Carrier VRF is Toshiba. None of the US mfrs make their own VRF, and none of the US big boys make their own minisplits.

Quote Originally Posted by stopro1 View Post
    Trane minisplits are rebadged Gree (Chinese), and their VRF is rebadged Samsung (Korean). JCI teamed up with Sanyo (now Panasonic) years ago to offer Sanyo's rebadged Eco-i VRF series as their own, but never really sold many or any. JCI just recently entered a global joint venture with Hitachi for the sole purpose of having "their own" VRF technology. Oh, and Carrier VRF is Toshiba. None of the US mfrs make their own VRF, and none of the US big boys make their own minisplits.

Very true. The thing i like about Tranes mini split, is the literature it comes with. I have installed both Gree and Trane mini splits, and it is a huge difference in literature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trane VRF is Samsung. We installed one and took their training on it. Some slide on the training even said Samsung. the Trane rep sad the small mini's are made by gree.

I am 100% a mitsubishi fan. Only issues I have ever had we're poor installation. Also support from mits is outstanding.

Yes you guys are correct ductless mini splits are taking a bigger share of the market. As architects and designers , start to specify the product , heat pump, inverter , vrv, heat recovery , multi head sytems , etc . Iin earch of not just energy saving , but smaller footprint , less noise , more flexbility . Cassettes i see are being under used in the USA market , very quiet with superb air distribtion. Is the Goodman range being rebranded as Daikin .

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith015 View Post
    I am 100% a mitsubishi fan. Only issues I have ever had we're poor installation. Also support from mits is outstanding.

There is only one leader in ductless
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12