Email from Jace not sending

need help on this one. I seem to of set everything up correctly but I can not get email to send out for any thing from the jace.. Also another question for the tcpip set up, the dns servers should they be the dns servers that are from my ISP? gateway should that also be from my isp? I have the gateway currently set to 192.168.1.1 (my router) and the jace set to a static ip of 192.168.1.122 is that that issue why email will not work? thanks again guys.

1) Use you email client to test it first.
    2) Put the ip address, not name in SMTP server field in the JACE.

can you give a example?

Ip address of what? I am not sure what you mean? thanks

IP address of the SMTP server

thanks I will give it a try. Is this correct?

to find that I would ping my smtpauth.xxxx.net for example??

Quote Originally Posted by mad11 View Post
    need help on this one. I seem to of set everything up correctly but I can not get email to send out for any thing from the jace.. Also another question for the tcpip set up, the dns servers should they be the dns servers that are from my ISP? gateway should that also be from my isp? I have the gateway currently set to 192.168.1.1 (my router) and the jace set to a static ip of 192.168.1.122 is that that issue why email will not work? thanks again guys.
    Your TCP settings should not be a problem. Make sure any firewalls are not blocking outbound connections on port 25.

Put your ISP smtp server name in the hostname field in the outgoing account of the email service. Put in your ISP mail account user and password. Most ISP servers use authentication to verify the account so make sure you set the authentication field in the outgoing account to true, because I believe it is false by default.
    Go Rangers!

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by mad11 View Post
    to find that I would ping my smtpauth.xxxx.net for example??

What is the fault readout? On the outgoing email account property sheet.
    Make sure you have reply to email address field filled out as well.
    Easy way to check your DNS Server to make sure its good is to try to see if the weather service, or timesync works. If those work, all is ok.
    “It is impossible for one to learn what one thinks they already know"

thanks all I wil give it it try and let you know but It will have to be next week

vac time

Is this AX or R2?

If AX then the debug window in station director gives excellent information. My problem was authentication and this showed up immediately-I overcame as Lwarren suggested but needed the help of the IT dept to confirm the correct settings.
    gnomethang