Question XL-500 to WEBs-AX

My apologies if this has been asked, I've searched thru the threads here at this site ( I'm on dial up so page loading is REAL slow) and used the search tool but so far have come up empty. I am trying to use a Jace as a front end for an XL-500 job. I am having difficulty with my station "seeing" the points (that I've converted to snvt's) in the XL-500. Any help on the method of extracting these points would be greatly appreciated.

There is some info on this on the Honeywell Buildings Forum. Check with your Honeywell rep if you aren't familiar with the Forum.

First off, what firmware are your XL5000 controllers running? There have been some noted problems with anything newer than 2.06.05.

You need to set the controller send and recieve times up in the Jace correctly. To do this open the property sheet of the dynamaic device for your controller(s) and find the nciHrtBtRcv and nciHrtBtSnd fields. Expand them and set the nciHrtBtRcv to 150 seconds and the nciHrtBtSnd to 60 seconds.

What kind of nv's did you create in your controllers?

When you say your station cannot see the points, do you mean you cannot see the values, or you cannot see the lon points that you created in the controller in the lon point manager?

There are many other do's and dont's in regards to this. As stated there is a good discussion related to this on the Honeywell Buildings Forum. If you do not have access to this email me (look in my profile) and I will send you the info.

If you want you could send me your station and your care project and I can take a look at it for you as well.
    Go Rangers!

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    First off, what firmware are your XL5000 controllers running? There have been some noted problems with anything newer than 2.06.05.
    Would you mind elaborating on the firmware version problems? This is the first I've heard of this.

I have a bunch of JACE projects and the majority of them are >= 2.06.08. I do have some issues I've learned to live with, but if downgrading the firmware would help, I would jump on it.

Thanks.

Tuncos

I heard about this for the first time about a week ago from a friend of mine at Honeywell. He said the newer firmware was not allowing the jace to manual and auto nv's properly.

Since he told me this I have seen some posts on the buildings forum in regards to this.

I am pretty sure I have ver 2.06.08 as well on the last job I did and I am having no problems, but I also disagree with some of the procedures outlined on the buildings forum in regards to setting up XL5000 controllers with Webs. My ways may be unconventional, but they are working.
    Go Rangers!

Thanks Guys!

Thanks Guys for the responses. My firmware ver. is 2.06.05
    When I say my station can't "see" the points I mean the lon device manager can't see anything in the xl-500. It did commission the xl or at least the success pop-up indicated it did. But no lon points, names, values, nothing is shown in the station from the xl. I have applied for access to the H.W. buildings forum but only did so Monday & I have not heard back from them yet. I'm going to call our H.W. "guy" and see if he can expedite in any way.
    lwarren, I'm going to email you for the docs you offered. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rad1 View Post
    Thanks Guys for the responses. My firmware ver. is 2.06.05
    When I say my station can't "see" the points I mean the lon device manager can't see anything in the xl-500. It did commission the xl or at least the success pop-up indicated it did. But no lon points, names, values, nothing is shown in the station from the xl. I have applied for access to the H.W. buildings forum but only did so Monday & I have not heard back from them yet. I'm going to call our H.W. "guy" and see if he can expedite in any way.
    lwarren, I'm going to email you for the docs you offered. Thank you!
    Rad1 -

This may be a stupid question, but did you go into the lon point manager and do a discover for the points?
    Go Rangers!

Lwarren,

Do you use 2 nvi to control a VA point? If so, you won't have that problem. But personally, I don't think that's a good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Tuncos
    I am pretty sure I have ver 2.06.08 as well on the last job I did and I am having no problems, but I also disagree with some of the procedures outlined on the buildings forum in regards to setting up XL5000 controllers with Webs. My ways may be unconventional, but they are working.

Quote Originally Posted by leaflying View Post
    Lwarren,

Do you use 2 nvi to control a VA point? If so, you won't have that problem. But personally, I don't think that's a good way to go.
    Leaflying -

What do you mean, do I use 2 nvi's to control a psuedo analog? I use only one nvi. What problem are you refering to, the firmware issue?
    Go Rangers!

Lwarren,

If you send a "invalid" value to a nvi on a controller, its respective point should be in "auto" mode. In any version later than 2.06.05, this behavior is not guaranteed. The workaround:
    use 2 points, 1 for value 1 for mode
    or use a special xfm to detected the "invalid" value

If you are not using neither way listed above, I assume you are using the normal way by sending "invalid" value to nvi and hope the controller works.

If you have ANOTHER way, I would be VERY interested to know how you did the job and "having no problems" if that's not a business secret!

Good News

I want to thank you all and especially lwarren for your help and direction. I have been dinking with the lon settings in my care program and I now am finally able to "see" and bring my lon points into my station. Thanks again ALL!!
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

Quote Originally Posted by leaflying View Post
    Lwarren,

If you send a "invalid" value to a nvi on a controller, its respective point should be in "auto" mode. In any version later than 2.06.05, this behavior is not guaranteed. The workaround:
    use 2 points, 1 for value 1 for mode
    or use a special xfm to detected the "invalid" value

If you are not using neither way listed above, I assume you are using the normal way by sending "invalid" value to nvi and hope the controller works.

If you have ANOTHER way, I would be VERY interested to know how you did the job and "having no problems" if that's not a business secret!
    Leaflying -

I have not been back to my last job to verify the firware version, but I am pretty sure it is 2.06.08. These controllers are less than a year old. On this particular job all of my psuedo analogs are setpoints and I set them to poll only so it leaves the point in manual in the controller, for these particular points I do not need them to go to auto.

On my psuedo digitals I am using the snvt XL5000 switch instead of the discrete snvt. I bring it into AX as an enum writable and set auto as a -1. This works fine.

So, I have not tried to send an invalid value to any psuedo analogs in these particular controllers. Is it only the psuedo analogs that are affected by the newer firware?
    Go Rangers!

lwarren,

Now I understand why you did not have that problem. Those are all safe ways resolved on strategy/switching table level and not utilized the XL50/500 promised Lonworks behaviors.

the newer firware will affect all points that you want to set them back to "auto" mode.