+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any work in Vancouver, BC area?

Post Likes

Any work in Vancouver, BC area?

I realize this is probably the worst time of the season to be asking, but I'm curious if anyone has any leads on work in the lower mainland area. I'm a first year refrigeration apprentice with ~1500 hours and level 1 at JARTS completed. I have a fair amount of mixed experience between service and installs. Looking for something more reliable than my current position.

Any help or advice, especially with the busy season starting to pick up in the spring, would be greatly appreciated!

Post Likes
    Ouch. Seems like all the jobs I have come across are in Alberta or Ontario.

Post Likes
    a bad time to be switching jobs, especially for a newbie, my suggestion is to wait until at least apr-may before trying to jump ship. Keep looking but don't expect much at this point.

Post Likes
    yeah when you're on the roof in January in short sleeves...not so good for business.

Post Likes
    Were fricken dead right now, really mild january, I like the weather but its hurtn my paychecks. We are actualy considering starting pressure washing already.... yikes!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It's always busy in Calgary! ;-)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    It's always busy in Calgary! ;-)
    If I was able to relocate for work, that would certainly be a consideration! Have heard the same from many people now, Calgary is booming.
    I've been looking everywhere in the Lower Mainland, seems to be a sad state of affairs.

Post Likes
    It will pick up... I hope 12degrees celcius in january keeps the no heat call to a minimum, we havent even had many refrigeration calls latley... doing to good of a job mainaining equipment..lol

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Don't come to Calgary, we don't want anyone getting into our cornered market.

Actually yea if you relocated you could probably be done and finished your apprenticeship before you say booo.

Post Likes
    Oddity, I tried pming you to no avail, what's the deal? I wanted to chat you up a bit.

Post Likes
    Hmm, not sure why that would be, though I have never had any luck with the PM system here. I have sent you an email.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in