best temp rise tool

What does everybody use to measure temp rise? I use my UEI meter but the insulation part to my probe wire is getting real raggedy.

http://www.trutechtools.com/SPK1-Poc...er_p_2119.html
    This is a good pocket thermometer I use to get a quick delta t , and temp rise

I once had no choice to use my wire bead type probe in a pizza oven. Talk about messed up. Depends on the application though. There are a ton of different k type thermocouples you can get. For residential I use cheap harbor freight ones because I have a tendancy to "donate" them to customers

I went to Omega Engineering online, they will custom make probes based on the temperature range you need and the type of socket your meter uses. I also ordeed 3' flexible connectors so they coil up nicely, and can run two probes simultaneously for temp rise/splits. Two K-type probes like the UEI, 3' flex connectors ad some repair male and female ends-- @$70. I also added magnets to the probe bases with epoxy putty, so they stay in the ducting. NOTE: meter shown below maxes out at 200 degrees. I have a TPI combustion analyzer which goes up to 1000, which I use for ovens or oil stack temps
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Left hand for initial temp, and right hand for temp rise. Right hand also doubles as a scale and superheat calculator.

Mostly my Fieldpiece SDP2
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I use a cooper srh77a with the humidity / temp probe. I use it all year long, especially in a/c season for wb/db. I think it is just as important to get a r/a r/h as a temp difference.