Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrefrig View Post
    hoshis dont have a second fill. if u jump the float and it still goes in at 5 min order u a board. also check txv bulb clamps. they are problably rusted with would explain your high suction. peace out jbb
    Yes it does, it has to fill during the harvest cycle to have sufficient water for the next cycle........huh?
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (Its taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

Quote Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post
    When that unit calls for the second fill it goes into harvest. Just a thought.........
    During the harvest it energizes the WV to assist harvest(6 min.max).
    Then again by the time harvest is complete float should be closed.Without a one min fill cycle the next freeze will start.
    Last edited by wannafreeze; 08-23-2007 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannafreeze View Post
    During the harvest it energizes the WV to assist harvest(6 min.max).
    Then again by the time harvest is complete float should be closed.Without a one min fill cycle the next freeze will start.
    It is doing both, assisting harvest and filling the reservior. Or easier said, second fill. Hmmmmm.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (Its taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

i am sorry i am new to this site. i meant they only fill one time per cycle unlike manis that can fill multiple times up to 5 mins or so. i meant one time per freeze cycle. jbb

Quote Originally Posted by jtrefrig View Post
    i am sorry i am new to this site. i meant they only fill one time per cycle unlike manis that can fill multiple times up to 5 mins or so. i meant one time per freeze cycle. jbb
    It was an attempt at shorthand, and you are correct, the Hoshi is water level based and the Manitowoc is thickness based. I will need to be exact next time, like everyone else, hmmm.....

Short freeze cycle

Quote Originally Posted by mister fro View Post
    This machine is going to drive me crazy! Today I got so fed up with it I pulled out the control card and all the wiring. I checked every single component on the machine, right down to the on/off switch. On a workbench I wired up the transformer to the board, and ran the diagnosis cycles again with plenty of room to watch what happened. I put the tester across the 4 relays and watched them open and close, as well as checking the pin continuity on K1.

The only out-of-the-ordinary thing was that the (downloaded from Hoshizaki) manual indicates that there are FIVE relay/pin checks, activated by bridging the float switch terminals FIVE times. But on this board, the relays cycle after FOUR bridges, omitting the second bridge shown in the manual. Perhaps it's an updated manual and I have an out-of-date board.

Anyway... Close to 6 p.m. satisfied that everything else worked just fine, I rewired the machine (somewhat tidier than before), fired it up and was surprised that it ran a full cycle perfectly normally! I only ran one cycle because it was getting late.

Now I have another problem, if the machine works just fine tomorrow. I didn't actually "fix" anything, it just started working. I'll have to keep it running in the shop for at least another week before I can return it to the customer with any degree of confidence.

Maybe it was just a loose connection, but I'd sure like to know which one!

I'll keep you posted on tomorrow's results.

Thanks guys. Greetings from Venezuela.
    I had the the same problem with mine. During the freeze cycle, check to see if water is coming out of the drain line. If it is, then the tank is emptying prematurely causing the float to sense that it is time to start a new cycle. The cause was the pump out valve was not seating properly. It is completely manual and has no electrical sensors. It is located behind the float with three screws. Remove them and pull it out. Clean the rubber seal and check for debris and make sure the spring is good. Replace if necessary. Reinstall. During the freeze cycle verify that no water is coming out of the drain. Worked for me and was a cheap fix.

If just messing around with it made it start working, I would go over the back of the board with magnifying glass and check for cracked solder joints, particularly at the float switch connection.

Could also be a faulty water inlet valve not adding proper amount of water at fill cycle

Guys, he jumpered the float switch. This eliminates any water issues and goes back to a board issue or a connection. I would agree with craig1 and check the board. You have jumped the wire connections and therfore bypassed the switch and its wires.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Bridge View Post
    Guys, he jumpered the float switch. This eliminates any water issues and goes back to a board issue or a connection. I would agree with craig1 and check the board. You have jumped the wire connections and therfore bypassed the switch and its wires.
    Hopefully he already fixed it 5 years ago when he posted the question? Ha ha ha! Just giving you a hard time.

Really need to start looking at the dates on threads!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12