Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALC Help

Confused

There is Supervision Plus on the front end, have full access to it, plus also have the databases to work with.
    Have a new LGE as well...
    Do I need to have WebCTRL installed to complete the merger of the databases?

AutomationTech - no offense, but maybe you should contact an ALC dealer in your area. The conversion would happen smoothly and you'd be assured of having legacy ALC alarms working correctly, having old trend historian issues repaired to work CORRECTLY under WebCTRL, etc all as part of a standard Supervision to WebCTRL upgrade.

ALC has discount pricing in place to migrate customers like yourself to WebCTRL. The discount pricing ENDS in December of this year as it has been in place for at least two years as an incentive to move legacy customers towards WebCTRL.

Automation Tech, I have never seen a demo or educational version of the software and I work for an ALC dealer. There have been beta versions passed out to techs during training sessions, but thats about it.

Now would be the right time to contact your dealer. By now I mean like right now, reason being, WebCtrl 4.1 is about to be released in final version. WebCtrl 4.1 is in Beta 2 right now, ALC is offering fantastic prices on WebCtrl 4.1 until 12/31/07 or the final release of 4.1. The price is literally a fraction of the list price. They are doing this because all of the new stuff only works with WebCtrl, modules such as the ZN line. You can use the older Legacy in WebCtrl, but not vice-versa. ALC wants rid of this old operating system to provide for future expansion, that's why they are making it worth your while. WebCtrl 4.1 also has the ability to import Legacy systems as old as Supervision 2.6 directly into WebCtrl....sweet!

If you're running Supervision now, you probably have a toad of a computer as the front end, that will have to go too. Pentium 4, 2GHZ, 1-2GB RAM, and your set.

Your GCM2 is a dinosaur, the factory bought those back years ago. You probably don't have the ability for proper daylight savings time correction either. You asked about the archetecture, your GCM2 would be configured in SiteBuilder as a Legacy network, your LGE can be upgraded to Exec B and can run as the Bacnet network. They can coexist, but as seperate networks and different speeds. I have that at a couple of sites, it works well with one exception. If you have LAN data to pass, you have to receive it in the LanGate and pass it to the other network. The newer LanGate drivers will allow you to download programs such as a LAN passer fb to accomplish this. For instance you would pass data as an address like 120,1, receive it at the LanGate as 120,1, and rebroadcast it as a BacNet point for the other network. The LAN address go away in WebCtrl, they link via setup of the point, no numbers needed.
    Last edited by hotrod53; 08-26-2007 at 06:02 PM.
    HotRod

Controls..some days your a hero, some days your a zero. Direct acting since 1992.

At this time, I would like to thank all of you guys..
    I will continue this up with my local ALC dealer.

Thank to all for your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12