Thread: Help with Vision Pro IAQ dehumidification

Post Likes

Help with Vision Pro IAQ dehumidification

Can someone explain how to use dehumidification option on this Tstat.
    It is connected to var speed 2 stage HP. Dehum option set to 379-1 dehumidify with AC.Installer Test 6 runs AC @ lowest speed. But if I just lower humidity nothing happens.

Post Likes
    What brand/model 2 stage heat pump do you have?

If it is a Trane XL16i, the control can't lower the blower speed to dehumidify because the required terminals in the air handler are already used by the system. The only thing it would do is overcool to dehumidify, and only if the humidity is >5% above setpoint.

Post Likes
    It is York 9V not sure what the number is

Post Likes
    Here's how it's supposed to work. When humidity exceeds the set point, the IAQ trims the blower speed until getting back to the set point. If humidity exceeds the set point by more than 5%, it goes into overcooling until within the 5%.

To function properly, it needs a jumper to DHM1. DHM2 must go to HUM on your ECM control board. Dip switches must be set properly and the HUM jumper must be clipped (PJ6 on mine).

I don't know what to tell you about test mode. I don't bother with it. If the function works, it works.

Post Likes
    So t-stat does not turn Ac on on humidity alone? Only overcools when there is call for AC? Is this correct?

Post Likes
    Correct, the stat doesn't activate anything on humidity alone. It only overcools when RH goes more than 5% above the set point.

Post Likes
    The t-stat will slow down the blower if it's wired right on call of cool..

If the humidity goes over 5% of set point, then it will "over cool" up to 3˚ below set point.

Post Likes
    If its wired right on that 9V, it will bring on first stage cool, and slow down the blower.

You don't clip jumpers on a York. You remove jumpers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    If its wired right on that 9V, it will bring on first stage cool, and slow down the blower.

You don't clip jumpers on a York. You remove jumpers.

So stat supposed bring first stage on based on humidity alone, correct?

Post Likes
    On a call for cool to dehumidify, yes, with the IAQ set up to use the A/C to dehumidify.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in