M3 Graphics slow with N30

M3 Graphics slow with N30

I have a customer whose Graphics take at least 60 seconds if not more to refresh. Typical graphics are VAV boxes and three large package units. There are only about 30 boxes on this system. The first page is a picture of the building. The second page is a picture of the floor plan. The next page is the box itself. Any ideas?

no kid'n not a Johnson product noway

any points recently renamed or removed in N30? This is probably the issue. its timing out looking for sruff thats no longer there.
    Re-download the N30 controller, rebrowse the site, and retag the objects in the graphics that had changes in the object names

Remove unused/unneeded histories and trends as well.

Slow N30

I agree with Freddy-B. Also look in project builder for special characters that should not be used. Always remember to BROWSE THE DATABASE.

Slow N30 w/Graphics

Everytime I see that graphics are too slow, it is because of points that are binded to the graphic that no longer exist or the name has been changed.

Check for and clean up any "unbound references" under your N-30 object.
    That could be one common problem.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Okay here are some more particulars. The system was installed in 2003. Around 2005 the PC died and I sent it off to the ABCS wholesaler to re-install M3 along with recreating the graphics. Since we put everything back in it has never worked right - I have an extremely patient customer.

So it dawned on me today that if the graphics were recreated and linked to the original data base, then there must be problems (obviously changes would have been made from the time the system was installed until it went to the ABCS). I did an Upload today from the N30 to the PC. That seemed to help a lot with respect to the AHU's and the majority of boxes. The only thing is I now have about six boxes at the end of the run that do not bring up any info. I checked M-Explore and all of the data appears to be there and correct. So now what?

call robertshaw controls

The graphics that display no data, or the graphics that are extremely slow probably have points improperly bound. You will have to check each bound point on the graphic and verify or rebind each one.

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    call robertshaw controls
    Thanks! I called robert shaw and he solved my problem! OK