Thread: Water problems

Confused Water problems

I am having trouble with two 30ra30 chillers that are twinned together. I am getting mode 9 Slow Change Override and mode 26 Short Loop Override.
    I believe i have a water issue. The machine has a design of 65.3 gpm and 12.6 feet head. I am get a PSI difference at chiller of 10 psi with is 23.06 ft of feed. Would that mean i am moving too much water because the heat exchanger is redistricted the large amounts of water coming in. This is a Bronze plate heat exchanger. I have been battling this problem for a while now. All help is greatly appreciated.

Did you happen to check the chilled water strainers?

Do you have an operational log of the machine?

Yes i have i check the strainers, i have a little bit of a water problem since start up date. No i dont have a log.

Does it make set point it must since you have mode 26 . How about the water volume ?

What is the water delta T when the units are running?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I have a Delta T any where from 7-11. Not for sure about the water volume? How should i check to get that

You might want to try to valve off the lag chiller and see if that helps your flow to your AHU's.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

What is the average pressure drop of a cooling coil?