Reach-In door gasket repair

How many of you out there have tried to repair a split door gasket instead of replacing it? I have a True box with a 12" slice along the gasket between the magnet and seal...should be an easy fix with good adhesive sealant. What do you think???

I'm curious on any other 'home remedies' per se...
    Some people just aren't smart enough to be stupid....

You should replace it! We would get dinged by the board of health! If you do try fixing it make sure what ever you use is usda approved if its in a kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by dapapa View Post
    How many of you out there have tried to repair a split door gasket instead of replacing it? I have a True box with a 12" slice along the gasket between the magnet and seal...should be an easy fix with good adhesive sealant. What do you think???

I'm curious on any other 'home remedies' per se...
    Yeah, ok. Does your health dept actually review your customers site? I would say that definately would be taboo......
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

Just buy a new door gasket, there is a company that specializes in parts for all reach-ins, freezers and coolers of all brands. Any repair is a band-aid and you have to use food grade sealer which doesnt do jack. The leak will cost the customer more in the long run and could dammage the food. Order them in new gasket set and 2-day ship it.

matt

Contact http://www.totalrefgaskets.com/index.html , reasonable prices and very helpful. Do the job right the first time.
    Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse