JCI using FOIA strategy now?

Has anyone encountered JCI filing FOIA papers to ex-customers via JCI lawyers?

Foia

?????????????????????????????

Freedom of Information Act

Use it all the time to get competitor pricing!

Of course, why price a project with real numbers. Not when you’re the king of Low Balling.

You can be sure of one thing, on bid day Johnson Controls WILL be the low bid I don’t care who else is on the list or what the specs call for.

That’s why I prefer negotiated work directly with building owners over plan & spec. I have no intention on taking a $ 500,000 job on the chin with the idea that I will make it up and then some over the next 5 years hosing the poor customer with a service contract that is probably at 80% gross margin.

How could JCI use FOIA other than Federal projects?

I agree in the private sector I do not know how they would use it. But I am no lawyer so anything is possible. On Federal, State or Local projects I could see them obtaining competitor pricing for automation & control, facilities management and performance contracting.

Again if they gave legitimate pricing in the first place there numbers would be in line with there competitors.

Don’t forget the federal government represents a substantial amount of JCI work. GSA, Military, NASA, US Postal Service etc.. That works well for them its usually low bid anyway.......

Where do you find the FOIA applies to other than Federal projects? I don't see that.

Saw it at two K-12 school corporations. They both left JCI after since the 2004 purge and went with another provider.

Shouldn't FOIA Exemption 4 protect pricing from needing to be released?

Sounds to me like those districts were too stupid to write a letter back to JCI telling them to drop dead.

sys, It is the law, resistance is futile.

I am asking if anyone else had encounter this, from JCI or any other competitor, and if they kept financial info from them using exemption 4 of the federal FOIA or local equivalent.

In case anyone is interested http://web.missouri.edu/~umcjourfoiwww/citelist.html