Thread: Ycas0200ec46yfadbx

Post Likes

Ycas0200ec46yfadbx

I have a york machine that took a hit during a electrical storm. everything was dead. I replaced the microprocessor board, the eprom, the i/o expansion board, and the display lcd that was hosed. I have the diplay up now but i don"t know if the dip switches are correct. What i am seeing is this:
    1 water/glycol
    2 low /stand ambient
    3 refrig type
    4 ycws/ycas
    5 motor curr averaging on/off
    6 spare
    7 expansion valve elec/therm
    8 heat recovery
    the manual that I have says that the 1 2 and 3 are the only dip switches used but if they are in the same position as the dip switches on the original board (1998) the option do not match up and it says that i have a ycws with 407c. is this due to a newer version of board and eprom. the position that i have the switches in seems to be correct but there is no option for wye delta or across the line. or are all 200s wye delta? When the compressor comes on it never goes through transition as it should in ___ seconds? it stays with 1 and 3 contactors in and then shuts down in maybe 10 seconds and doesnt give any kind of alarm. Are the small chips in the lower right hand corner of the board supposed to be changed - what are they for. Also I did not replace the relay board for either compressor, is this maybe the problem , is there a way to troubleshoot these? I wanted to get the micro and display up first before hanging a bunch of parts, please help? Is there a service manual out there that displays the dip switches my manual says some are for future (1998) but they seem to change now. also with program key is there a way to change anything other than the cutout settings by entering "6010" or whatever it is. I think these are good questions for a seasoned york employee I would appreciate the help.

Post Likes
    check' all sensors values''
    juan clavell santiago

Post Likes
    I did that. is there a way to set to acl to wye-delta starter.

Post Likes
    pretty sure that is a program option, thru the program key with a password.the 8 things you listed are set thru the 8 dip switchs on the board. so try flipping switch 3 and 4 and see if that changes it to ycas on r22. switch 8 off if you dont have HR. the chips in the bottom stay there. you may need the main chip replaced if it got zapped

Post Likes
    okay I found the answer to my own question and here it is for future reference. The wye delta is set by the eprom. the starter energizes term 20 to initiate start, then after 4-10 seconds depending on the motor amperage the micro energizes term. 8. My micro wasn't getting the motor current signal from the expansion board due to a bad i/o module out of the box,this causing no transition, imagine that! Also for future reference the programming code is 5144, this is top secret though so be careful. I don't get how you can sell a board without having the programming code available in the manual. So my chiller has been down for three days due to wonderful York parts, I know they should have bought a Trane.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in