Thermal zone heat pump fault

Anyone know what temperature a thermal zone heat pump shuts down in the winter. I installed the unit in the spring and this is my first winter with it. It also has backup electric heat. The evap is showing an FF on the display which I'm assuming is a freeze fault. Can't find any info in manual. Will it run the electric heat when it's below 20? Any info would help thx.

Quote Originally Posted by BP420 View Post
    Anyone know what temperature a thermal zone heat pump shuts down in the winter. I installed the unit in the spring and this is my first winter with it. It also has backup electric heat. The evap is showing an FF on the display which I'm assuming is a freeze fault. Can't find any info in manual. Will it run the electric heat when it's below 20? Any info would help thx.
    Equipment #'s

It's a ductless mini split heat pump with electric heat. Model # MSCE418HP13230CA
    18HE43ZCX
    I tried turning it on again this morning with the remote and it went right into FF code. I could hear reversing valve switch over but nothing else happened. I popped the cover on the evap and powered it off and on there and it went right into defrost mode and has been running ever since. Not sure if it just locked up or if outside air temp had anything to do with it. It was in the single digits yesterday it's around 20 today.

Most shut down at some point. We had a customer call with a no heat. It was below zero and his brand shuts off at +5. When it warmed up, it came back on.

I called factory rep and unit shuts down at 14 degrees. Thanks.