+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honeywell to Invensys - AX to R2

Post Likes

Honeywell to Invensys - AX to R2

I was working for a Honeywell distributor and I took a job with a controls company that deals with Invensys/Seibe (now TAC). When with Honeywell, we used AX but the new company I'm with utilizes R2 and Work Place Tech. Would it be prudent for me to switch the new company I work with to AX? I'll tell you that it was hard to go from AX to R2. It was knind-of like going from flash memory back to the days of cassette tapes. Weird indeed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LMiller View Post
    I was working for a Honeywell distributor and I took a job with a controls company that deals with Invensys/Seibe (now TAC). When with Honeywell, we used AX but the new company I'm with utilizes R2 and Work Place Tech. Would it be prudent for me to switch the new company I work with to AX? I'll tell you that it was hard to go from AX to R2. It was knind-of like going from flash memory back to the days of cassette tapes. Weird indeed.
    Hello Lance,

So you did make the switch, bet you sure are going to miss those SymmetrE jobs (LOL). I have not used R2, but I would certainly make the push towards AX.

Good luck with the new job, gonna miss your posts on the building forum.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    TAC isn't even offering AX for the old Invensys channel is it? Would you push the company to change brands or what? That seems like a harder sell than AX vs R2.

Post Likes
    TAC does offer AX and calls it GEN 3 although it's no secret that TAC doesn't care for Tridium and is developing the "NSP" New System Platform which speculation has will be the replacement.

Post Likes
    The name of the game is called "Need for speed". Usually the first one get the most reward.

Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    TAC does offer AX and calls it GEN 3 although it's no secret that TAC doesn't care for Tridium and is developing the "NSP" New System Platform which speculation has will be the replacement.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in