I need help with wording of an RFP for Controls service

Hey all....I have a potential customer who has asked us to help them write an RFP for controls service and maintenance. They are a public sector business, so it needs to go out to bid. Since we are accustomed to "answering" RFP's with a proposal, we do not have much experience in writing them. Does anyone have any wording, or one that they have used before?? Even if it is not complete, I can take bits and pieces out to construct one.

An RFP?..... I didn’t even know we could talk about that here. Ok this is the way it usually goes for me. Now my wife usually goes to bed way before I do so if I have a late night RFP it gets a little sketchy. I slide in bed next to her and kind of press up against her and lean in and whisper a little something in her ear, not the actually RFP but just a little something to get her agreeable. When there is no response or if the response is in the way of a loud snooor then I know I will have to save my RFP for in the morning cause there is no way it’s gonna happen tonight.

I hope that helps you out.........

And most of all remember..... Have fun with it

If you are in tight with the district tell them they can award up to 50G directly without public bid if they can justify if properly.....

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    If you are in tight with the district tell them they can award up to 50G directly without public bid if they can justify if properly.....

They are already aware of this, as are we. They were told by the uppidy ups, that it had to go out for bid. They need to show that they put it out for bid, but ultimately structure the RFP so that no one qualifies but us. It is more of posturing than anything. I can take care of disqualifying everyone else, however I just need some generic wording.

Shifferbrains.......you may have better luck getting your wife to agree to your rfp if you impress her with your spelling skills.....(snooor)=SNORE!!

2^3 thank you for the info. This is exactly what I am looking for. Anyone else have some of these??

Hey don’t accuse me of having spelling skills..... And you missed the typo I made.

With RFP skills like that, who cares about spelling...
    shiffer, I thought that was funny as hell, made my day!
    “It is impossible for one to learn what one thinks they already know"