Thread: Fx 40

Fx 40

Hello,
    Does anyone have an idea of how much the FX40 programming software should cost and the cost of the FX40 hardware? I am trying to get an idea of the cost so I am not getting ripped off. I am familiar with UNT's and PLC programming and I was wondering how difficult is the FX40 hard to program?
    Thanks

Does any one have any idea or know where i can find this info??

Thanks

The price and availability of programming tools depends on who you are, and whether the FX40 and software is the total of your purchases or if it's part of a bigger package.

From your post, I'm guessing you're on the buying end, you have a proposal from a vendor and are price checking. All good to do, but be aware that if a customer nickels me down to bares bones pricing, they end up buying the bare bones package and when they come back for help/advice etc., I can't provide it unless we go on the clock. That work tends to be low priority with no discount on my labour (paid as time and materials with a minimum of two hours each time you call. If I have to goto site, the minimum is four hours). In fact, if you're not likely to buy more from me in the future, you'll be at the bottom of the list and I may not even be able to fit you in at all.

Sometimes it's better to pay a bit more and get a lot more. If you buy parts, you get parts.

Also be aware that over the years I've run into several folks who've bought parts from me and who have elected to program it themselves because I was "too expensive and they could do a better job for way less money". I strongly recommend against that and never once has it worked out for the end user - not once. More often than not, when the facility owner finally got the whole story long after the systems failed, the operator that made those early decision often had the opportunity to negotiate employment elsewhere.

So, with all that said - you can get pricing from Minvalco and they list the FX40 at $4,334.72 and this comes with Workbench s/w.

http://www.minvalco.com/web01d.asp

If you've not got any training or experience with this product, I'd allow at least 40 hours to fumble through the basics, allow for at least 16 hours of tech support from the vendor, and allow at least 40 hours to program/commission each piece of equipment you plan on controlling. No - it wouldn't take a provider that long, but it's going to take you that long, and then you can start on the graphics.

Good luck, and I sincerely hope you re-evaluate the term "ripped off".

Nikko

Thanks for the reply. I think i will have my supplier program the FX40 and i will also buy the software.
    Thanks for the help.