INet 2000 Network

We have INet 2000 network with Lan1 and Lan2,with 2 PCs.There were 2
    Netplus Routers which became faulty so previous contractor replace them with Xenta 527.We have here Local area Network for Internet Service.My question is If we want to access this system via our Local Area Network do we need extra Xenta 527 or we can access through existing arangment.I am posting Drawing of existing Hookup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

527 comms

Hi there coldrig,
    A few questions first.
    1. Are LAN 1 and LAN 2 ethernet or control lans?
    2. Are PCs configured as Filemaster / equalized clients or each standalone?

Reason I'm asking is that seems like an odd install. Anyway, if the PCs are filemaster / client, you should be able to punch in the IP address of either 527 in a web browser and get the built in config setup (make sure the subnet mask is set up right on the PC). You may first have to input both PCs IP addresses into the 527(s) routing table using TELNET though.
    You may run into problems if they are both standalone machines, especially if there's access control involved, as they'll have seperate SQL databases. One way around this is to ditch the switch and plug each 527 into its respective PC.
    Sysint, Crab Master or Twisted Pair may be able to enlighten you further.
    Cheers
    Crankshaft

Hi Crankshaft
    Lan1 and Lan2 are control Lans.
    PCs are standalone.
    I check PC1 IP 192.168.1.1 submask 255.255.255.0
    PC2 IP 192.168.1.5 submask same above.
    Xenta 527 IP 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.4
    Our Ethernet LAN have differant Subnet Mask and Gateway,they are also using Proxy.
    PCs have separate Databases,it is how it is done.Thanks.

527's

hey coldrig,
    Do both PC's see both links (C-lans)? If they don't, you won't need the switch.
    The Xenta's can't handle subnet masks that aren't on the byte boundary ie. you can only have .255 or .0 in the mask fields. I suspect that your Ethernet subnet mask will have something other than these values in them. The Xenta's aren't like Cisco routers, they don't have that grunt.
    You can get a Xenta 527 that acts as a Web Server, I think they're a different part number to the 527's you have, and cost a bit more.
    You may be able to setup the PC (if it's not already) with Network connection 1 having your regular business network on it and network connection 2 having the I/Net network on it. (May get messy with Proxy or thin client setups). Talk to the network admin to see what can be done.
    Hope this helps
    Crankshaft

The NetPlus Router was replaced after CSI merged with TAC. The first Xenta 527 was just a web server for TAC I/NET or TAC Vista, or to use as a gateway from an existing I/NET proprietary system to a Vista open system without the need to replace all the original I/NET controllers.

Around 2003 TAC offered another model Xenta 527 that replaced the old CSI NetPlus router. Or you could purchase a combination NetPlus router / web server. Both are considered Xenta 527’s just different part numbers.

I believe the price difference is only about $ 400. I usually do not even offer a customer the choice. I always get the combo even if they are only using the router function for TCP/IP . If they ever decide to access the system via the web using internet explorer or want to have critical alarms dispatched to cell phones or email via text messages the few hundred dollar upfront investment in the combo unit will pay for itself. At that point you just need to do some programming and get an internet connection to it.

I do not see anything wrong with your configuration. I have done several projects that way. We just create or own Ethernet LAN using CAT5 to connect each Xenta 527 using an off the shelf Netgear or Linksys switch.

Xenta 527: Web Server for I/NET Seven and Vista. This model provides both web server and I/NET NPR Functions
    TAC part # - 007308200

Xenta 527-NPR New NetPlus Router, based on Xenta 527 Connects the controller LAN directly to the TCP/IP Ethernet Network. Does NOT provide web server functions.
    TAC part # - 007308210

coldrig's network

Hi TP,
    What's the benefit of having two seperate PC's looking at the same links and not having them setup as filemaster / client? I haven't come across it before, thats all.
    Cheers
    crankshaft.

Crankshaft,

I usually am not worried about the configuration of a filemaster. I do not think it really matters for HVAC control that much, however if you have an integrated site with HVAC & Access Control / Security then it matters much more. If enabled in the I/NET I/O server configuration for a specific Host PC Operator Workstation it will ensure that global system information (passwords and access control editor information) available on an Ethernet LAN. Also for synchronizing access control users etc..

There is no benefit. You really only need one PC setup as filemaster.

Looking at the diagram it appears this site has 2 different Links. What he is calling LAN 1 and LAN 2 those appear to be different Controller LAN’s on separate Links. Each Xenta 527 is acting as the Link gateway the same way the old Tap’s or NPR’s used to.

Hi Crankshaft
    TP is right,The site has Two controller Links and Xentas are acting as Gateways,so we can see both the links on both PCs.I don't know if there is any other arrangement by which we can see both links at one PC.I will appriciate if anybody can give some other solution.Second PC is just standby.

Coldrig,

The answer is yes and it is easy. Be sure the active profile in the I/O server configuration is setup correctly, if you need help let me know.

Also you should have both links saved in your Network Configuration. If you penetrate each Link down to the MR/ASC level and save them all you should be all set. This way if you ever need to do a station restore, software restore or set network functions like automatic saves or DCU time synchronization your OWS will recognize all the nodes on the 2nd Link.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted pair View Post
    Coldrig,

The answer is yes and it is easy. Be sure the active profile in the I/O server configuration is setup correctly, if you need help let me know.

Also you should have both links saved in your Network Configuration. If you penetrate each Link down to the MR/ASC level and save them all you should be all set. This way if you ever need to do a station restore, software restore or set network functions like automatic saves or DCU time synchronization your OWS will recognize all the nodes on the 2nd Link.
    Hi TP
    Sure I need your Help if you like you can send me your email on
    ibrahim186@hotmail.com
    Thanks

You got mail