+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can2go freezestat

Post Likes

can2go freezestat

I've been messing around with the Can2go graphical programming and have managed to get everything working the way I want with one exception. A freezestat. Is there an easy way to create a manual reset circuit that looks at (AI) mixed air vs setpoint(AV)?

Please if anyone has any input it would be much appreciated.

Post Likes
    I don't know about the programming for Can2go, but this can be easily done with a little logic. I would compare the temp to a setpoint and use the logical result to trigger a flip flop. The output of the flip flop is latching. Then you would have a boolean point to reset the logic. I attached a screen shot of the logic. Hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Thank you very much for the reply. I don't have the 5 sec pulse or the last value blocks but I do have all selective , comparative , and bitwise blocks plus a few others. I am excited to even have something to try.
    As a supermarket refrigeration / HVAC guy wanting to get involved in controls its been fun but challenging to get this far.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by leakcheck View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply. I don't have the 5 sec pulse or the last value blocks but I do have all selective , comparative , and bitwise blocks plus a few others. I am excited to even have something to try.
    As a supermarket refrigeration / HVAC guy wanting to get involved in controls its been fun but challenging to get this far.
    You're very welcome. You can make your own pulse timer with a timer, a NOT block and an AND block. Don't worry about the Last Value blocks. They are JCI specific and are not needed for the logic to function correctly. I'll see if I can post an example. Good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    You're very welcome. You can make your own pulse timer with a timer, a NOT block and an AND block. Don't worry about the Last Value blocks. They are JCI specific and are not needed for the logic to function correctly. I'll see if I can post an example. Good luck.
    Well I now understand how the logic works but there are no timer objects to use to create a pulse. My flip flop circuit just keeps flip flopping lol. Now they do have lua scripting that could be used. I might give the supplier a call to see if there is an option I'm looking right passed. Since I'm not Lua Savy.

Thanks again.

Post Likes
    Do you have an XOR block ( exclusive or ) Link the out of the xor back into an input. This will substitute for the last value block.

Post Likes

Flip Flop

THis is a good way to build a flip flop also

Post Likes
    I do have Xor blocks I cant however read the labels on the image you uploaded. Thanks again for helping me out. If I double post its because I didn't see my last reply go through thanks again!

Post Likes
    Sorry I thought that would come through. This one is done with two or blocks. Not the outputs of the two blocks. Set is the top input and reset is the bottom. I will try to clean up the image and resubmit.

Post Likes
    I must be doing something wrong this is what I have but it seems that I should be pulsing the reset and set but I don't have a way to do that, well that I know of here is the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/08yyew0cbj...2008.51.49.png

Post Likes
    You can pulse the inputs, but you do not have to. It also works if the inputs come on and stay on. Reset input has the highest priority and will override the set input.

Simulate by turning on the set input. This should cause the output to come on. You should then be able to turn the set input back off and the output should stay on. Then turn on the reset input and the output should go off. You can also leave the set input on and the output should go off when reset is on, but return on when reset is shut back off.

This programming is for the Spyder and have tested this. It works great in all my tests.

Post Likes
    I guess what I am trying to figure out is if my air temp gets below freezestat sp, I want it to trip and not come back on till the reset is hit even if conditions resume to normal I want it to stay off. I guess I am having trouble seeing how this can accomplish that. Not saying it can't I guess with my lack of experience I'm missing it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by leakcheck View Post
    I must be doing something wrong this is what I have but it seems that I should be pulsing the reset and set but I don't have a way to do that, well that I know of here is the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/08yyew0cbj...2008.51.49.png
    I just looked at your logic. Try getting rid of the AND (10) block and put in a BV output in its place. That looks like it will work.
    Last edited by The Reaper; 01-02-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_Matt View Post

THis is a good way to build a flip flop also
    Never thought of using XOR's for a Flip Flop. Thanks Matt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Never thought of using XOR's for a Flip Flop. Thanks Matt.

Sure thing!

Post Likes
    I want to thanks everyone who took the time to reply to my thread first off. I've come to find out that after talking to several people including several can2go employees, that Lua script is the way to go for what I am doing. I may end up paying someone. Due to the time restraints I'm under I don't have the time to learn Lua properly before the job needs done.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in